Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Week 8

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  We survived our first week with the puppy.  It's a bit harder this time around raising and training a puppy because we don't have the boys at home to help play with and distract her when we need to get other things done, but we have been able to establish a decent routine which helps. She's super smart too so she learns very quickly which makes training a lot easier.  Other than that is was another rainy week that at least ended with sunny spring like weather we should have with us for a few more days.

Take a look at how last week went:


Day 50- Monday, 2/19/24

We're starting the week with a whole lot of rain.  Today is Presidents' Day which is great because it means I have another day plus my remote day tomorrow home to continue adjusting to the pup and our new normal.  It was a perfect day for some great inside play and then nice long naps.



Day 51- Tuesday, 2/20/24

While working remote not only did I get more time with the pup but also more time with Rusty during my breaks.  He needs some extra attention as he's feeling a bit displaced.  Normally he would nap the day away downstairs in the office near me as I work but right now he feels more comfortable upstairs on Justin's bed further away from the puppy chaos.  I did eventually get him to join me in the office for a short bit and he seemed pretty happy about how that went so hopefully he'll get back more often soon.



Day 52- Wednesday, 2/21/24

Wednesday at work started with a lot of fog because of how wet and saturated our ground is.  Thankfully this burned off and we had sunshine for the afternoon plus are expecting more for the rest of the week.  This was my 1st day back at work away from Bailey so John was on puppy duty.  She was pretty depressed and missing me in the morning but got over it soon enough.  Just after I came home John had to leave for PT so it was my turn.  I had a 5pm zoom meeting I had to take on the floor sitting next to her but thankfully with a new toy introduced she did well keeping herself busy and out of trouble during my meeting.




Day 53- Thursday, 2/22/24

This blue sky and sunshine is so nice! We also have some of our trees sprouting new leaves for spring which is exciting to see.  Back inside we enjoyed refreshing drinks on National Margarita Day.




Day 54- Friday, 2/23/24

With the weather being nicer we've been able to let Bailey outside more.  She looks so small in the dog run that used to be Bella's and even more so in our greater expansive yard.  The yard is also showing more and more signs of life with some of our larger bushes blooming flowers.  I'll need to get out there and prune many of them soon.  They always grow out of control in the spring.  At least I've been on top of the weeds this year using Preen to prevent the seeds from  germinating.  Back inside just before dinner I was checking email when Rusty summonsed me to the couch for a cuddle.  So happy to see him initiate that again instead of just retreating alone upstairs.




Day 55- Saturday, 2/24/24

Look at me--I'm 8wks old now and settling in nicely with my new home.  I love to play hard with my toys and also nap a lot next to my favorite humans. Cheers to our first week!







Day 56- Sunday, 2/25/24

Rusty and Bailey have had a few good face-to-face contact moments.  She is intrigued but also a bit afraid of him.  He too is interested but unsure of how unpredictable she can be.  I'm sure once she's older and more mellow they will get a long just fine. This is our new normal--sitting on the floor together playing with Bailey long enough to wear her out so she can nap next to us.  Also meet Kalie!  Our neighbors right across the street adopted one of Bailey's sisters!!  She is a silver (diluted chocolate) lab and it will be so fun for them to have each other as playmates growing up.  We haven't actually met her yet but maybe next weekend once she's had a chance to settle in.


That's it!  Pretty much all about the puppy, but she is ruling our life right now so that's to be expected. Soon the boys will be home for spring break and they can help us wear her out.



1 comment: