Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Week 20

Hello and welcome back!  Last week was a very eventful and fun week.  We had a full house for a few days after my quick road trip up north and back. I wasn't sure how the puppy would handle all the change and excitement but she did better than expected. We just need to work on her barking at strangers.  This current week looks to be much quieter and cooler.  Time to get the house back in order.

Here are last week's pictures:



Day 134- Monday, 5/13/24

I'm off early for my 6 hr drive to Humboldt so I can move Justin home after completing his research project.  Thankfully one of my favorite pitstops along the way has a Dunkin Donuts shop where I grabbed breakfast to help fuel me for the rest of the drive.  Once I arrived I checked into the hotel and the parking lot was near this beautiful field swaying in the wind.  The whole Humboldt area is all about being surrounded by peaceful nature and I love that.  Next up was hours of packing in Justin's rental house.  His stuff is all boxed and ready to be loaded up tomorrow for our return home. As a treat for finishing such a big task we enjoyed a great dinner out at the local brewery and dessert at the cute and delicious ice-cream shop around the corner.




Day 135- Tuesday, 5/14/24

The car is loaded to the brim and busting at the seams but we got it all in except a couple pieces that Justin's partner will bring at the end of the month when she visits.  Before hitting the road for our long journey home we had brunch at this local favorite bagel shop I've been wanting to try.  It was worth all the hype and also one of Justin's go-to places so I'm glad we got to have a meal there together before leaving since I have no idea if I'll ever be back.  There are a lot of wildlife jobs here though and his significant other is here so it's possible Justin may end up returning to settle in this area.  We'll see.




Day 136- Wednesday, 5/15/24

Someone missed me and is happy I'm home.  Look who else is home.  Brandon flew in from LA this afternoon for a short visit since he's now on summer break but will return for a job starting soon back at school. Both boys were super excited to see Bailey again and amazed at how much she has grow in the past month when they last saw her.




Day 137- Thursday, 5/16/24

And now my parents have arrived for a visit and will be here through the weekend.  We are the third stop on their road trip from Texas stopping along the way to see various family members is different states.  They also made sure to bring a new toy for Bailey to get on her good side which worked great after she was done barking at them.  All the new people trickling in over the past few days have been a lot for her to process but she's warmed up to them all and has enjoyed the extra attention and excitement.





Day 138- Friday, 5/17/24

The current state of our loft with Justin moved back in (hard to believe we actually got all that in my car); the current way Baily likes to lay all stretched out in a Superman pose; and the current movie we watched tonight after a yummy pizza dinner with my parents.




Day 139- Saturday, 5/18/24

Today Tyler and Lupe came over to see everyone and we all had a nice big BBQ dinner with s'mores for dessert.  The weather was perfect and it was great for us to be all together again swapping stories and catching up.




Day 140- Sunday, 5/19/24

My parents left early this morning for their 5-day road trip back to Texas and Brandon took off later on a flight to Orange County where he'll spend the summer at his apartment so he can work on campus.  We'll hopefully see him again for a few days before school starts back up in August.  After I dropped him off I swung by the carwash on the way home so I could get all the bugs and grime removed off the car from my Humboldt trip.  Much better now!


That's all.  See you next Tuesday as we get back to a regular routine.



1 comment:

  1. Welcome home Justin!! That Superman pose is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete