Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Week 33

Summer is officially over. The kids start school tomorrow.  So much for our nice relaxing afternoons.  I hate homework just as much as they do.  It's just another chore we all have to get through at the end of the day.  At least we had a fabulous summer break and packed a lot of fun in there. Maybe this school year will fly by and summer will be here again before we know it.

Here are last week's pictures:

Day 225- Saturday, 8/13/11
I took Justin to a Dr.'s appointment so Tyler was in charge of watching Brandon.  My rule is no video games while I'm away because to really watch his brother he has to interact with and engage him so they decided to build one of Brandon's birthday gifts together.  They were both so proud of what they accomplished they couldn't wait to show me when I got home.  I could tell they really had a good time together.  Maybe I should leave them more often!


Day 226- Sunday, 8/14/11
I'm mopping floors which means all the chairs get moved to the living room. The kids usually think I've built some sort of cool jungle gym just for them to climb all over.  As long as they stay off my wet floor, I'm fine with that.


Day 227- Monday, 8/15/11
I had to run into work for a couple hrs this morning but I'm mostly off this week to spend time with the boys before they head back to school.  As a special treat I picked up a box of donuts on my way home that we could all enjoy together.  They were pleasantly surprised and I even got a few "you're the best mom ever" comments. 


Day 228- Tuesday, 8/16/11
The dreaded back-to-school shopping.  So glad to be done with that.  Some people enjoy it, but I'm not a big fan.  At least we went at a time that was not crowded and got it over with quickly.  Those supply lists seem to get longer and longer each year.



Day 229- Wednesday, 8/17/11
The boys had an end-of-summer slumber party with their friends and spent a great deal of time in the pool.  Tyler invited Ryan and Cameron while Justin invited Jason, Cameron's younger brother.  They also played a lot of video games, had a Nerf-gun war, and took some turns knocking balls around the pool table.  It was a fun way to wrap up the summer break.


Day 230- Thursday, 8/18/11
Bella came in this morning to find her living room taken over by strange boys' sleeping bags.  After a good sniff or two she found a familiar smell and decided to park it on Tyler's bag.  He must have left it there for her, right?


Day 231- Friday, 8/19/11
Here's a happy guy.  TGIF!  John is mixing up some tunes and some drinks.  It's been hard for him going to work all week while the rest of us were home but he has a nice long weekend ahead and knows how to kick it off right.

That's it for this week.
Thanks for stopping by and see you next Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment