Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Week 42

Welcome back!  It's hard to believe it's Tuesday again already. The weeks just fly by.  I'm hoping things will slow down a bit after this week because it's the end of fall swim and water polo.  At least we'll have our relaxing evenings back.  We're still enjoying a nice Indian Summer but expecting a cool down real soon.  The temps usually drop right around Halloween for us and I'm ready!  I want it to feel more like fall.

Here are last week's pictures-

Day 288- Saturday, 10/15/11
Look--no training wheels!  Brandon learned to ride his bike today and did awesome.  He pretty much took off and never looked back.  I think he was the easiest of our 3 to train, and as an added bonus I got a good workout running along side trying to keep up and make sure he didn't fall.  Best part--no crashes.  Not even one!  Guess he was ready.




Day 289- Sunday, 10/16/11
I found a recipe online for Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay biscuits and had to give them a try.  They were super easy and a big hit along with John's grilled chicken.  That's what's for dinner tonight!  Sadly just after we ate, I checked facebook and found out a good friend of mine lost her 14 yr old daughter in a tragic car accident.  This hit me really hard.  My heart aches for her family.  Rest in peace Jorden.





Day 290- Monday, 10/17/11
I'm not sure why he looks so worried.  Brandon had his regular dental checkup after school today and his teeth look great-- no cavities!  He still hates going regardless, and I can't say that I blame him.  It's not my favorite way to spend an afternoon either.



Day 291- Tuesday, 10/18/11
I haven't been sleeping well thinking of Jorden and her family, but this morning when I got to work around 6 am there was an amazing sunrise that gave me some peace and set the tone for the rest of my day.  I had a really good day and even slept much better that night.   It was a sunrise of wonderful, bright colors and full of promise.  You've got to have a good day after a start like that, right?



Day 292- Wednesday, 10/19/11
Today was yet another minimum day at school and beautiful out so we headed to our local pumpkin patch to pick a few pumpkins.  I think the boys enjoyed the fresh air and room to run.  We brought home 3 perfect pumpkins and some dirty, smiling boys.



Day 293- Thursday, 10/20/11
Writing in cursive is a 5th grade standard and poor Justin does not have the best fine-motor skills so it's been really hard for him.  At the beginning of the school year the first paragraph he had to write in cursive took him well over an hour--no joke!  Thankfully with lots of patience, practice, and support he's getting used to it, and tonight's 3 paragraph essay only took 20 min.



Day 294- Friday, 10/21/11
Last night while waiting for water polo practice I had to run to Michael's to pick up a specialty item, and they had the Halloween decorations already on clearance so I picked up a small glittered pumpkin to add to my collection and a cute little stand for only a couple bucks.  Nice thing about decorating with pumpkins is that they can stay out all fall through Thanksgiving ;0)


That's it!  Thanks for stopping by and see you next week.




























No comments:

Post a Comment