Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Week 47

I had a great week at home with my family and now I'm back to work.  At least there are only a few more weeks until another nice long break.  It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, and I've been busy getting ready for all the fun and excitement.  Let's kick this season off right!

Here are last week's pictures:


Day 323- Saturday, 11/19/11
John took the boys to a ski expo today and came home with a new pair of skis. Now we just need some good snow in the mountains so he can take them for a spin.




Day 324- Sunday, 11/20/11
This is my favorite time of day when I can snuggle with my youngest and introduce him to a good classic.  It's hard to believe he's never heard of Charlotte's Web.  He thought Charlotte was the girl on the cover and was amazed to discover she's a spider helping a pig.  Brandon is my animal lover so this book is perfect for him and I'm excited to reread the story by his side.




Day 325- Monday, 11/21/11
It's that time of year again--the dreaded family pictures.  Here the boys sit outside the studio waiting on me to view our session.  Thank goodness I reminded them to bring their games along because it was quite a wait.







Day 326- Tuesday, 11/22/11
Today was Brandon's first ever karate testing and he was proud to earn his first stripe.  Justin also tested and is now just one test away from going into a year long review for his black belt.




Day 327- Wednesday, 11/23/11
Mmmm . . . it smells good in here.  I started the baking for our Thanksgiving feast.  These are apple and pumpkin tarts.  The family couldn't decide on either apple or pumpkin pie so I made a few tarts of each which worked perfectly.




Day 328- Thursday, 11/24/11
Happy Thanksgiving!  Hope every had a wonderful holiday.  We were able to have John's brother David and his girlfriend Megan join us for our bountiful meal.  It was nice to have some family in town for a change.




Day 329- Friday, 11/25/11
What a beautiful sunny day!  These are my biking buddies, and we decided to take advantage of the sun while it lasts by going on a nice long ride.  I'm so proud of Brandon who has only been riding a 2-wheeler for a couple weeks now.  We were out riding for a good 40 min and he did great! 


Wait!  Just one more. . .


November's Family Photo

These were the shots taken for our annual family portrait.  We've been doing this every November since Tyler was a baby (and look at him now!).  It's a huge hassle and not something I look forward to, but I'm glad we have them all so I can look back and see how our family has grown and changed from year to year.  This is also the only thing my mother asks for during Christmas and her Dec. birthday so now I can cross one more present off my list ;0) 


OK, that's it!
See you next Tuesday.


 

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Looks like you guys had a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the family photo. I agree it is a pain, but I am also very glad that we do it! Love the picture with you reading with your son. Enjoy the classic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun week! Your family photos look great!

    ReplyDelete