Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Week 16

Yes!  I got to escape by making it to Vegas (not without a little drama of course, but we made it) and having a wonderful weekend with great friends.  It felt great to get away and recharge.  Now it's back to reality until the next great escape in a little over a month.  This time we are crossing the pond to Europe!! Can wait, but so much to do before then and I'm not sure how it will all get done, but things just have a way of working out so I'll roll with it.

Enjoy last week's pictures-


Day 106- Sunday, 4/15/12
It's a beautiful sunny day so we decided to grill burgers and dogs for dinner. John also broke out his new deep fryer and made a batch of onion rings to go with dinner.  We learned the hard way that it's best to deep fry outside because it really sticks up the house otherwise.  At least today was the perfect day for that.



Day 107- Monday, 4/16/12
What is it with boys and holes in the knee of their pants?  I can put a brand new pair of pants on Brandon and an hour later he'll have a hole in the left knee (it's always the left!)  Thank goodness the older two out grew this stage.  I've given up trying to replace the pants and am just waiting for shorts weather ;0)



Day 108- Tuesday, 4/17/12
Poor Justin has either a cold or allergies--not sure which but his nose is really bugging him.  He's sneezing and going through kleenex like crazy.  It's kind of hard to concentrate on homework when you have to blow your nose every 5 minutes.  Gotta love this time of year.



Day 109- Wednesday, 4/18/12
Awe . . . Sunshine!  The sun felt so good today and the forcast is looking really nice with temps getting up to the 80's and maybe even 90's by the weekend.  I'm so ready for some nicer weather.  Maybe we can even break out the shorts I need for Brandon ;0)



Day 110- Thursday, 4/19/12
This week's photo prompt was "8-5" and I assume that means working hours so here I am at work which usually means I'm on a microscope or two.  My working hours are 6-2 though so I can be home to pick the boys up from school and have the afternoon with them.  I'm really lucky to have a job where I can set my own hours.  



Day 111- Friday, 4/20/12
Vegas baby!  After a crazy morning in Sacramento with a fugative on the loose hi-jacking cars, causing freeway shut downs and traffic nightmares we made it to the airport just in time for our flight and took off with 3 other couples for a fun filled weekend in sin city.  We even hopped a party bus and went clubbing until 4am in the morning!  I still can't believe we did that and I survived.  Those of you who know me, know I'm a morning person and rarely stay up much past 10pm, but hey, it's Vegas--you gotta live a little, right?


Day 112- Saturday, 4/21/12
Well I wanted heat, and I sure got it in Vegas.  This is our hotel, Aria, which is HUGE and shinning in the almost 100 degree sun.  Today we slept in to make up for last night, hung by the pool, gambled a little, had a great dinner and then took in a show that I fell asleep at ;0)  Two late nights in a row wasn't working for me.  Tomorrow it's back to my boys who are staying with our friends Raul and Wendy.


What a fun way to end the week!  Thanks for stopping by and see you next Tuesday.


 

Naptime Momtog

7 comments:

  1. ooh Vegas, jealous! I love your girls and guys photos, so fun! I love the jaborwookies..so want to see them someday! Fun post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Vegas!!!! So happy you are enjoying the Aria- it's a phenomenal location.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Some exciting stuff going on at your place!! Good for you for taking a fun trip and i"m totally envious of your trip to Europe! I went many years ago and would love to go back. Love all your photos, and my husband especially, would love the Tarheels cap ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos Andrea. Looks like a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting, looks like a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great shots. Yes frying does stink up your house. I never actually though of frying outside though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete