Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Week 51

Welcome back and happy Tuesday.  Christmas is this week!  How crazy is that?  Are you ready?  Am I ready?  Mostly--just one more thing to pick up, some baking to do, and then making sure I have all we need for the Christmas feast.  It helps that we are home on break and have extra time.  It's cold and rainy out too which makes getting stuff done at home easy.  Having to go out is the hard part.  I'm trying to avoid that as much as possible.  The more I can stay home, the more I can relax, and the more I can enjoy my family which is my ultimate holiday goal.  Home sweet Home!

Here's a look at last week:


Day 348 - Monday, 12/14/15
My card order came in over the weekend so after work today I banged out those Christmas cards and will throw them in the mail tomorrow.  Check! One more thing done.





Day 349- Tuesday, 12/15/15
Scout, our elf, was having fun on a sleigh made with candy canes and KitKats yesterday so Brandon was excited to dismantle the sleigh after school today and try that "King Size" KitKat.  Next to Snikers, KitKat is his 2nd favorite candy bar.





Day 350- Wednesday, 12/16/15
Justin, on the other hand, is more excited to share some Coca-Cola with the elf on this fine day.  These little glass bottles are so cute and the perfect size.  Scout sure knows how to make everyone happy.  I also finished all of my wrapping and got the last of the presents under the tree before having to work the Booster's snack bar tonight.  Check!  Busy times.





Day 351- Thursday, 12/17/15
What a Thursday!  It was the last day of school and the start of winter break so the boys and I celebrated by going out to dinner and having burgers all around after running a few Christmas errands.  Check and check!  Meanwhile John was in Fresno helping Raul celebrate his 50th birthday at a Motley Crue concert--a blast from the past!





Day 352- Friday, 12/18/15
It's so nice to have free time and enjoy a slow paced day.  Brandon decided he should probably put his found time to good use by building the last of his July birthday Legos before he possibly receives more for Christmas.  LOL!  Done now and ready for more.  Check!





Day 353- Saturday, 12/19/15
Pre-holiday party at the Wong's.  We did a little wine tasting, got caught in a hail storm, and feasted on a yummy prime-rib dinner. What a great way to kick off to the holidays with some good friends.





Day 354- Sunday, 12/20/15
You guessed it--another rainy Sunday. I spent the morning getting our photo calendar done for next year.  Check! Meanwhile Justin and John made us all some breakfast burritos for brunch and then we hunkered down and started to watch the old Star Wars movies to prep for seeing the new one.  No we haven't seen it yet.  We got through 2 episodes today and will work on the rest throughout our holiday break.


That's it!  I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas or a happy holiday.  See you next Tuesday just before the New Year.




4 comments:

  1. The cards are great! Looks like an exciting week ahead of Christmas, have a lovely holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful and blessed Christmas! Glad you had some quieter days and those hamburgers look divine! Yum! We are also making our way through the old Star Wars before we see the new one over break. fun stuff! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That KitKat sleigh is so cute! I'm glad you're all having so much pre-holiday fun! I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope y'all had a FABULOUS Christmas. I can't wait to see the pictures you post tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete