Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Week 35

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  I made it through to the other side and I have to say that general anesthesia is a wonderful thing.  It feels like you blink and you're done. That was the easy part--the surgery.  Now I'm dealing with the harder part--the recovery. Wow! My largest obstacle has been the ability to move and I mean move pretty much everything in my lower half but it does get better and better each day.  I'm just an impatient and active person and don't like having to wait and slow down. Enough of that.  I'm afraid this week in pictures is a bit boring since my movement was limited but it is what it is--real life!  The important thing is that my intruder has been removed for good and I will heal and the quality of my life will be better for it.

Here are last week's pictures:


Day 239- Sunday, 8/27/17
We're prepping for another record breaking heatwave by spending time in the pool.  I can just see my next PG&E bill going through the roof while our a/c works overtime to cool the house.  Summer's not really over yet--not here anyway.





Day 240- Monday, 8/28/17
As I tried to calm myself and mentally prepare for surgery tomorrow I was blessed with many good signs especially on my evening walk through the park.  There were literally hundreds of these tiny blue dragonflies all over the park grass and many larger ones flying above.  It was amazing to walk amongst them and on top of that we found this pretty blue iridescent feather.  Nature is a good thing--very calming and reassuring 





Day 241- Tuesday, 8/29/17
Surgery day and here I am in pre-op at the crack of dawn.  I'm looking positive and strong on the outside but still really nervous and wanting to bolt for the door on the inside.  The good news is that it all went really well and was over before I knew it.  Now to spend a couple days here in the hospital getting used to the healing process.





Day 242- Wednesday, 8/30/17
It's the next day after surgery and things are better.  I received flowers from my lab group and from John who has been by my side this whole time.  I was told to expect staying 2 nights but thankfully I hit all the requirements needed to go home today and was released around 4pm.  Yay!  The best place for me to heal is at home surrounded by my family who I missed dearly.  They have been great helping out where they can and trying hard to understand my needs.  It's good to be home!





Day 243- Thursday, 8/31/17
At home on the road to recovery I watch movies and try not to move too much.  It hurts to move.  I'm going to go stir crazy pretty quick. At least there is John here to help when needed and the kids to liven things up when they get home.  Justin came home today with his cross country jersey to show me.  His first meet is Saturday which is pretty exciting.






Day 244- Friday, 9/1/17
It's September already!  Seems crazy we are here.  Tyler is our September baby so he posed with my monthly marker.  My kids always want to pose with the dog. Whatever works! Plus they are being extra nice about pictures since they feel sorry for me.  I have to milk it while I can ;0)  It's also Friday and a Friday before a 3-day weekend so Brandon and Bella are having a sleep over together for fun and also to bring her in out of the heat all weekend.  Triple digits are in full force and it's super hot out even at night.






Day 245- Saturday, 9/2/17
It's smokey from wildfires and supposed to be 110 today but the cross country meet is still on.  They started super early (bus left before 6 am) and had reduced miles so they could end by 10 am before it all became too much.  And there were hills, large hills, which our kids aren't used too yet so it was tough but Justin did it and these are his friends and teammates celebrating with him after.  It's a bummer I couldn't be there but I'll hopefully be able to catch the next one.  My recovery is going well and I'm getting stronger and stronger each day with less and less pain.




That's it.  I'll be home on medical leave all of September and can't wait until I can move better and start driving again so I won't be totally homebound.


3 comments:

  1. So good to hear you are doing OK! Hope recovery goes quickly! We had our first cross country meet this week too. Thankfully we weren't as hot as you! Ours was in the afternoon and it was 80. Continue to recover and take care of yourself! Hopefully you have some good books to read!!! Thinking of yoU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm so thankful to hear that your surgery went well & that you're having some FORCED relax & recovery time. ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete