Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Week 36

Welcome back and happy Tuesday! What a crazy week tracking Erma and anticipating landfall. First many places ruined in Texas from Harvey and now Florida from Erma. Hopefully after Jose passes we'll see no more hurricanes for a good while.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected as they clean up and rebuild. Things are going well here. I'm slowly getting back to normal in terms of range of motion and things I can do.  If I over-do-it even in the slightest my body is quick to let me know so I listen and slow down or rest up. Work and school continues for all others so it's just me and the pets during the day. The good news is that I can start driving this week so I won't always be stuck at home.

Here's a look at last week's pictures:


Day 246- Sunday, 9/3/17
It's nice to have a long weekend with everyone home.  Today John made some ribs for dinner and the kids played in the pool.  Justin says he's sunbathing but he's not even in the sun. Crazy kid! He's really soaking up the warmth from the pool deck.  The other two just continued to enjoy the water on yet another super hot day.





Day 247- Monday, 9/4/17
It's Labor Day and the weather actually cooled quite a bit.  We enjoyed more good food including ice cream for dessert and then decided night swim was in order.  It was too cool and windy during the day for the pool but later when the wind died down it was perfect.





Day 248- Tuesday, 9/5/17
Homework is a usual sight again here in the afternoons.  I decided to  keep Brandon company by doing my "homework"--paying bills.  At least it made him feel a little better.  Misery loves company ;0)





Day 249- Wednesday, 9/6/17
Tyler drove me to my one-week post-op appointment today and then we went out to lunch after.  Later a good friend drove me to a Boosters meeting.  It was nice to get out and about for a bit.  I can't wait until it's safe for me to drive again next week.





Day 250- Thursday, 9/7/17
Brandon got these new kicks for his birthday last month but can't wear them to school because he's afraid they'll get ruined in PE so he wears them every other chance he gets. Usually this means when helping to walk the dog.  He's the only kid of mine that really cares about brand names and just had to have these Jordan's.  How much longer before basketball season?





Day 251- Friday, 9/8/17
This spot is where I've been camped out the past week with Bella faithfully by my side.  She keeps an eye on me and keeps me company.  The cat will check in every now and then but he's mostly finding cooler spots to nap alone.  If it were winter he'd be sleeping on my lap for selfish reasons, but it's way too hot for that now.





Day 252- Saturday, 9/9/17
As part of my recovery the only exercise I'm allowed and required to do is walk.  So I take a morning walk on my own and then walk with one of the boys who brings the dog on an evening walk.  Sadly I cannot walk the dog alone.  She pulls way too much, but the kids have been great about offering to walk her for me, and they are happy I'm walking much faster now.




That's it!  See you next week.


3 comments:

  1. Such a great week filled with family time! The pool looks so great at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the recovery is still going well. I'm semi-jealous that you get to have so much rest & relaxation time at home. :) Enjoy it while you can, b/c soon enough it will be "back to the daily grind."

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear you are recovering well! I am sure it will be very nice to be able to drive on your own! Hope you have some good books to read :) Your Labor Day weekend looks fun! and I love Brandon's shoes. My girls are ready for basketball season :) have a great week and get better soon!!

    ReplyDelete