Monday, August 28, 2017

Week 34

Hello!  I'm posting a bit early because Tuesday morning I'm headed into surgery.  It's time to have a large fibroid that's taken over my uterus and been messing with me for the past 3 years removed.  I'm not excited about the procedure or the recovery process, but I am happy to completely get rid of this thing for good. Positive thoughts and prayers please!  I've never had surgery before so it's a bit unnerving.  Last week was pretty insane trying to prep for this in terms of work and home plus dealing with back-to-school craziness, but I made it through.

Take a look at how it all went down:

Day 232- Sunday, 8/20/17
Sunday night family steak dinner with all present.  Love it!





Day 233- Monday, 8/21/17
Did you see the eclipse?  Sadly I was the only one in my family that did.  I was here at work testing slides that oddly enough look like the eclipse but was able to briefly step out to the break room on our 5th floor where people were sharing glasses and take a peek.  I didn't even have to go outside and it was pretty cool.  I wish our schools would have done more with the kids.  My boys missed out :0(





Day 234- Tuesday, 8/22/17
Happy 25th Anniversary to us!  It's our silver anniversary and we snapped this picture in the seconds between him coming home and me running off to back-to-school night #1.  This one was at the middle school for Brandon.  At least John and I were able to enjoy some dessert together after I returned.




Day 235- Wednesday, 8/23/17
Back-to-school night #2 at the high school for Justin.  It makes for a crazy week, but I am glad they were not on the same night for the first time ever.  I left Justin home with his homework and went by myself to meet all his teachers.  The new tunnel our Booster's club helped purchase just arrived and was up in it's full glory which was cool to see.  We've been trying to make this happen for the past few years and now it's here just in time for the start of school and football season.





Day 236- Thursday, 8/24/17
Brandon doesn't have too much homework this year.  More and more of his teacher are trying to cut back which is great, and I wish the high school would do the same.  He does however miss his pup during the day and appreciates the extra time to spend with her when he gets home.  Where am I running off to tonight?  Snack bar duty for football.  I'm working the freshman game now so I can actually have my Friday night off tomorrow.





Day 237- Friday, 8/25/17
We are blessed with kind and giving people in our circle.  One of my graduate students gave me this healing bamboo plant today as a symbol of good fortune to help me get through my surgery and recovery.  And then Tyler just finished his EMT classes so a co-worker at life-guarding gave him a stethoscope to support and encourage his future goals in medicine.  He had fun trying it out on the dog.  LOL!  Both wonderful and thoughtful gifts from great people.





Day 238- Saturday, 8/26/17
Today we escape for a much needed break.  John and I headed to Tahoe which is where we honeymooned 25 years ago.  This was a much better way to celebrate our anniversary.  It was a quick overnight trip but still a great time in a beautiful place for just the two of us.  The fresh mountain air and slower pace did us both some good.



Whew!  That's it for now.  Next week will slow down for sure and be all about recovery and healing.  I'm hoping it will be easier than it sounds.


2 comments:

  1. Speedy and easy recovery for you!!
    Glad everyone is settled into their school years so far!
    And to many more anniversaries!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I am late posting, so it is good to hear all went well with surgery!

    ReplyDelete