Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Week 38

Welcome back to Tuesday.  It was a super busy week last week but also fun to get out and away from home on an adventure with my oldest son.  He's now back in school starting his second year at UCLA and while the drive is long and boring I do love visiting the beautiful campus and the charming Westwood Village. Hopefully this is my last week at home and I'll be able to go back to work soon.  I feel ready but need the doctor to sign off first, and I see her later this week so fingers crossed.

Until then, here are last week's pictures:

Day 260- Sunday, 9/17/17
This morning I found this big green dragonfly on a wall in the front entry which is a cool way to start the day.  Most of the ones around here are blue so it was refreshing to see one of a different color.  Later we had an early birthday celebration for Tyler since he'll be leaving to head back to college before his actual birthday.  That cake is full of 19 candles and pretty much lit on fire ;0)






Day 261- Monday, 9/18/17
We had a couple over-ripe bananas today so right after Brandon got home from school I decided to use them to make banana bread which all the boys loved.  It also made the house smell yummy and felt good to be off the couch and in the kitchen baking.





Day 262- Tuesday, 9/19/17
Speaking of the couch--after hitting up Target to stock the house and get a few last minute things for Tyler's move the cat and I  parked it here to binge watch Big Little Lies on HBO.  It was a much cooler week so Rusty was happy to have a warm blanket and body to curl up with.





Day 263- Wednesday, 9/20/17
Back to Target to find a horses head. You just never know what is next with these kids. Justin texted me this morning from school saying he needed one for a group skit in Spanish tomorrow.  Thank goodness the Halloween costumes are out so I could easily find what he needed.





Day 264- Thursday, 9/21/17
Time to travel south and head to LA with Tyler.  We grabbed a quick drink and hit the road.  Six hours later we checked into the hotel and then spent the evening in Westwood where we had dinner, grabbed a Diddy Riese ice-cream cookie sandwich for dessert and then caught a movie.  We were actually brave enough to see IT. This FOX movie theater reminds me so much of the small town one I grew up with back home.  It was like stepping back in time when I walked in which is perfect because the movie was set in the late 80's when I was growing up there.






Day 265- Friday, 9/22/17
It's Tyler's move in day at UCLA.  He's in a much nicer dorm this year with a much bigger room that has a better view, a better location, air conditioning, and a private bathroom.  Score!  After we got him settled and ate some lunch we made a quick trip to urgent care to have a rash and one of his wisdom tooth wounds checked out before parting ways. Thankfully all is good and I left him happy and ready to take on a new year. 





Day 266- Saturday, 9/23/17
One more visit with this kid.  He's not getting rid of me yet ;0)  Today is Tyler's actual birthday so I had to meet up with him to enjoy a birthday breakfast before hitting the road.  Happy 19th Birthday kiddo!  Of course there was tons of traffic heading out of LA for at least the first 100 miles.  I thought I was never getting out of there, but then it finally cleared and was smooth sailing after the Grapevine.  Driving back alone is no fun so I couldn't wait to get home and see the rest of my family.



Wait!  One more-

September's Family Photo

We made sure to get this one in before Tyler left for school and I hate the thought of missing him in our October shot but I'm also excited for him to continue working on his future goals.




All done!  See you next week hopefully back at work.


3 comments:

  1. So fun to celebrate Tyler's bday before he left!
    Did you like Big Little Lies - I binged it and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A happy/sad week for you! Happy that he gets to go off and do what he loves, but also sad! I feel ya! Hope he has a great year!!! Glad you are feeling better and hope you get the OK to head to work. Love your monthly family photos! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh banana bread, it is very popular in this house

    Mollyx

    ReplyDelete