Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Week 44

Welcome back and happy Tuesday! It's time to also start a new month and I feel like November is already moving through too quickly.  I'm already making plans for Thanksgiving and hoping we can get everything we need for a good traditional meal without running into food availability issues. This means I need to do some shopping for that now.  Cue up the lists!

Until then here are last week's pictures:


Day 305- Monday, 11/1/21

I've started putting away all the Halloween decorations and bringing out the fall harvest ones including this turkey.  No Christmas stuff for us until after Thanksgiving.  Happy Novemeber as well.  I posed with the monthly marker in a nice warm fall sweater.



Day 306- Tuesday, 11/2/21

I'm taking another Tracey Clark class called Groundwork and the assignment this week was to browse magazines for future inspiration.  I haven't bought magazines in a while so it was fun to see what's out there and pick a few.  Boy have prices changed a lot!  Later for dinner we had another warm and comforting pasta dish to help us adjust to these fall temps.  Last time it was spaghetti and this time it's penne pasta in vodka sauce with chicken.




Day 307- Wednesday, 11/3/21

Some of the fall color out there is pretty impressive.  These leaves on this small tree look like they are on fire with that brilliant orangey red--totally caught my eye.  Then I settled down to watch Survivor with a little left over Halloween candy and a glass of wine.  What more could I ask for?  Maybe a fire would be nice and also survior like. Next week!



Day 308- Thursday, 11/4/21

The sun shone bright today and really highlighted this little spiny cactus in the window. I caught it just before the sun dropped which happens way too early these days.




Day 309- Friday, 11/5/21

All I had in the house earlier was that sad over-ripe banana so while at the store for weekend supplies I made sure to pick up some good fall fruit including a few avocados to go with dinner tomorrow and a pomegranate which I havn't had in awhile.  After school Brandon spent some quality time with Bella before needing and change and run off to work.



Day 310- Saturday, 11/6/21

That was fun--tearing up magazines to save things that I was drawn to and to list words that help bring me feekings of joy.  Next week we'll use the magazine clippings in a project of some sort.  Later we started making tacos for diner but the actual eating of the tacos was delayed by a 3+ hour visit from the cable company to fix our completely messed up wifi.  It seems better but still not all good so we'll see if another service call is warranted or not ion a couple days.



Day 311- Sunday, 11/7/21

Ugh!  I hate daylight savings.  It messes with sleep schedules, feeding schedules and moods.  I still woke up at my normal time and started my Sunday with some coffee in my winter pjs and my winter mug.   The mornings are quite brisk these days so we'll be needing the to turn the heater on soon but I'm holding out as long as I can using layers for now.  Much, much later after Brandon finally dragged himself out of bed and now with internet restored he started his UC college applications that are due in a couple weeks.  These ones are more involved than the ones he finished a few weeks ago so it will take him a couple sessions before actual submittal.


That's it!  See you next week.



2 comments:

  1. The fall colors have been so pretty! Love your little Turkey on the counter, so cute. College apps, wow wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty fall colors! Daylight savings time is so hard. I wish they would get rid of it! Love your winter coffee mug and your turkey! We do thanksgiving decor too and no Christmas up until day after Thanksgiving. I can't break that tradition! have a good one!

    ReplyDelete