Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Week 5

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  It's only early February and we're in full on spring here with temps in the mid 70's expected for the next couple weeks.  There are so many plants in bloom and trees starting to bud.  It's kind of sad though because it's too early and there is no rain in sight.  Seriously it's ok for winter to last through this month and then bring spring on in March. We'll probably have a really wet April or May but we'd rather have the sunshine then instead of now. Oh well! There's not much we can do except enjoy what we have now and take what comes as we plug on.

Here are last week's pictures:


Day 31- Monday, 1/31/22

Nothing but blue skies and sunshine here.  One my Christmas gifts was a photo lens-ball that I've yet to really play with so I thought this beautiful day was a great day to give it a try out in the backyard.  I can't wait to take it out on more fun locations.  Later, on this warm day, ice-cream with leftover brownies was the perfect way to start the week after a long day back in the trenches.




Day 32- Tuesday, 2/1/22

It's super windy today but also super sunny.  I was outside trying to get a picture of my new sweater and necklace received for my birthday, but the wind and sun was making it difficult see what pictures I was even taking.  Thankfully I liked how this last one turned out.  The necklace is made with pieces of plastic pulled from the ocean and the money used to purchase it helps fund further efforts to rid the ocean of plastics. Other than that Happy February!  Bella was kind enough to pose with my monthly marker.  She's such a sweet girl which is so fitting for this month.





Day 33- Wednesday, 2/2/22

Brandon made some good money working over the holidays and continues to work some during the school year so he's saving money to buy a car and to help with college expenses in the fall but also treats himself every now and then to a new toy.  Today his most recent fun purchase arrived--a VR oculus headset.  It's so funny to watch someone play on one of these things, but he enjoys it so good for him!  I did get to try it out for a bit and I have to admit it's pretty cool.




Day 34- Thursday, 2/3/22

Here are some signs of spring I'm seeing.  Our destroyed lawn outback has at least started to sprout these pretty white weed flowers.  Also in the park even though you can't see it with the sun setting most of the trees have new leaf buds just waiting to pop.




Day 35- Friday, 2/4/22

TGIF and cheers to the weekend!  We watched this new movie that just dropped on Netflix starring Kevin James and produced by Adam Sandler.  It's based on a true story and was way better than I thought it would be.





Day 36- Saturday, 2/5/22

I'm starting the weekend off with morning coffee by lantern light.  This cute little lantern is collapsible and USB chargeable so it's not only great around the house especially for navigating the stairs after dark but also for traveling or camping or late night dog walks. I could use a couple more!  Midday while working on bills and journals and working out I was also binge watching this new Kristen Bell series which was really good and kept me guessing. Then in the evening John and I enjoyed a nice pork tenderloin dinner together--just the two of us. This happens a lot more lately now that Brandon is working and will eventually become our new normal once fall rolls around and we become empty nesters.







Day 37- Sunday, 2/6/22

I got the future log in my bullet journal done this weekend.  This is the 1st 6 months and the next 2 pages are pretty much the same thing for the last 6 months.  Now to get those list pages set up and ready to use.  I also made an applesauce cake today to enjoy after dinner while we watched the new episode of 1883 which airs every Sunday on Paramount+.



OK! That's it for this week and hope to see you back next week.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It does look like spring for you and we got ice and snow and below zero temps last week! Crazy! love your journal! Yummy food! The empty nest and dinners just the two of you is becoming our norm more too. We still have one more year, but it changes quickly! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another busy week! We cracked 40 yesterday and it was a heat wave!! Good for Brandon working hard!!

    ReplyDelete