Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Week 9

Welcome back and happy Tuesday! I'm still trying to wrap my head around it being March already.  It seems as though the start of this year has slipped right through my fingers.  I'm already stressing about things that will happen in June thinking that's not too far away.  What I really need to do is focus on the now and enjoy the days as they unfold.  Justin comes home soon for spring break so that will be a nice treat.  Sadly his break does not coincide with Brandon's so we can't really go anywhere or do anything super fun, but we'll find something local to look into while he's here.

Until then, here are last week's very spring-like pictures:


Day 59- Monday, 2/28/22

Bella and I enjoyed a nice long golden-hour walk this evening.  I like how it's staying light longer.  There are so many birds and bugs out these days and then there are the fields of mustard in bloom that never disappoint heading into March.



Day 60- Tuesday, 3/1/22

Speaking of March, here it is!  I was the only one around to take a monthly marker picture and chose to do it outside in the nice spring weather.



Day 61- Wednesday, 3/2/22

Wednesday at work, while I was waiting for a friend to join me for coffee, I spied a beautiful patch of California poppies.  The are in bloom all over campus right now and help give off a cheery, feel-good vibe.  Once we get our backyard sprinkler system fixed I hope to plant some out there for us to enjoy at home.




Day 62- Thursday, 3/3/22

So much for the sunshine.  Today was dark, cloudy and cold.  There is a storm brewing right over our house.  It made for the perfect night to enjoy some warm comfort food- Pad Thai with chicken.  We did get a little rain overnight but still not much.




Day 63- Friday, 3/4/22

The sun is back out but it's deceiving because still really cold hence the cat on my lap.  At least the newly bloomed flowers outside seem to be handling the near freezing temps well.  I love how we can see these great pops of color right out a picture window in our kitchen/living area.  There's not much going on for a Friday night around here since Brandon is at work and John is still sick.  We do at least have more information to help target his treatment though.  Here's to hoping that will get him on a good healing track soon.



Day 64- Saturday, 3/5/22

Usually I do laundry on Sundays but got started early this weekend, and my helper hung around to keep me company as I sorted and folded clean clothes.  She positioned herself so she could be near me but still see if anything better in going on in the other rooms.  Later Brandon checked on the status of his college applications and heard good news back from 3.  The others will be releasing decisions mid March.  It's getting real around here.



Day 65- Sunday, 3/6/22

I got my fitness bullet-journal pages done this weekend and was able to use my new, inkless, tiny photo printer to get some inspirational photo stickers added.  Love that they have pre-cut circle sheets available to print on as well.  In other news, Justin got to see the new Batman today with some of his college friends and announced that we he will be the next student taking over the HSU housing instagram for the upcoming week.  He loves this sort of thing so can't wait to see what he shares.


All done!  Hope to see you back next week.



2 comments:

  1. It's snowing here today - so the flowers are a welcome sight!! Congrats to Brandon!! Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful spring pictures! We have a winter storm warning and a low of 9 and 4 inches of snow coming. I can't wait for spring! Your journal is so cool! congrats to Brandon! Also your pad Thai looks so good! Yum! Have a great week and enjoy that spring! We are still waiting...

    ReplyDelete