Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Week 14

Welcome back and Happy Tuesday!  This was a tough week because it's John's birthday week and back when his issues first started around my birthday at the end of January our main goal as things dragged on was for him to at least be over it by his birthday.  I so wish we had met that goal.

Here's a look at week 14 in pictures:


Day 94- Monday, 4/4/22
Our neighbors down the street had these beauties pop up in their front yard right by the sidewalk where we usually walk the dog.  They are so cheery and I'll soak in all the cheer I can get these days.  Speaking of cheer--John is off both heart pumps and his heart is tolerating it well continuing to heal and get stronger.  Now if we can just get his brain and kidneys to wake up more.






Day 95- Tuesday, 4/5/22
This week I'm happy to be eating some good leftovers from meals that friends recently gifted us with.  This warm pasta dish is perfect for the cloudy and cold day out.  Later, while walking the dog under those clouds, we spied a squirrel in the tree that started taunting Bella and chattering at us.  I was legit worried it was going to jump right at me so we moved on quickly after I snapped a picture of course.






Day 96- Wednesday, 4/6/22
I spent some time in the in backyard to unwind after work today.  It was warm and sunny so I broke out the flip-flops.  Later there was an in-person Booster's meeting where scholarships were voted on and announced.  Yay for Brandon!  The student athletes will attend next month's meeting to be recognized.






Day 97- Thursday, 4/7/22
Today is John's birthday and sadly we cannot visit until Saturday, but his close friend Steve had me send a family photo he made into a card to hang in John's room and asked us to make a video he could play for John.  As you can see I was super animated and tried to be upbeat in it while Brandon was chill as ever.  LOL! Sadly it was not the best health day for John.  He had a fever and was pretty much completely out of it.  I do super appreciate all of  Steve's efforts to try and make it something special though.  His friends are the best.






Day 98- Friday, 4/8/22
I'm trying to stick to a routine and get myself out there instead of shutting myself in so today I went to Brandon's home tennis match.  He needs my support as well which meant it was good for both of us.





Day 99- Saturday, 4/9/22
Unfortunately, one of the staff member's exposed patients in John's unit to COVID so I am the only one for the next week that can visit him.  He's testing negative for now so they are just being extra careful.  I had a friend drive me in today so I could see him and she was great about finding ways to entertain herself in the city during my visit.  He was awake and responding some but drifted in and out a lot.  They also have him on dialysis now since he's retaining so much fluid and his kidney numbers are not looking great.  This drains his energy a lot.  I had the nurse put on the Giants game and he really seemed to like focusing in on that when he was awake.  Back at home this evening our sad Bella girl missing her master. 😢 We all miss him so much and just want him back home. 






Day 100- Sunday, 4/10/22

I enjoyed a  nice, quiet and slow morning at home today and did some grocery shopping later where I picked up some Cadbury mini eggs to fill our glass Easter Bunny jar with.  Last week before Easter Sunday.



That's it!  See you next week and have a good Easter everyone!!


2 comments:

  1. So sorry John spent his bday this way but so glad you have such supportive friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have wonderful friends to help you through these very challenging times! Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete