Sunday, September 4, 2022

Week 33

Welcome back!  Yep, totally behind again and had to wait for a 3-day weekend to catch up.  So many things going on with school starting, in-home care ending, work projects piling up and so much more.

Take a look at everything that happened during week 33:

Day 227- Monday, 8/15/22

I'm not exactly sure how his little friend ending up perched against him but I have a feeling a certain boy around here knows.  At least Rusty doesn't seem to mind.



Day 228- Tuesday, 8/16/22

I'm working on campus on a Tuesday which is usually my remote day, but I have to take the last 2 days of the week off to move Brandon down south so I need to be in person at work the rest of the time.  I had a sample to pick up in my old building and took the stairs--I miss these stairs.  It's no fun being on the 1st floor at the newer building.  Later at home we managed to get  most of Brandon's stuff packed and ready his move.  It seems like nothing after moving all the stuff we had for Justin last week.  Glad Brandon is able to pack light.



Day 229- Wednesday, 8/17/22

Yay for mid-week pizza on a day when I have no time to make dinner.  Plus the leftovers will help feed John while I'm away.








Day 230- Thursday, 8/18/22

We made it to LA after a long, boring drive with crazy traffic the last 20 miles but the vibe is all good here and Brandon is all to moved into his dorm.  I'm going to miss this kid!







Day 231- Friday, 8/19/22

Before taking off for the long drive back home I had breakfast with Brandon and got to hear all about at least one of his roommates.  The other will move in later today.  That view out my car window is the same exact view for hours upon hours headed home--nothing but flat land and dry dusty fields. Once I got home pets were waiting and I was happy to walk Bella to really help stretch my poor sleepy legs.  And what is Brandon doing back in LA? Visiting his girlfriend.  LOL!  That didn't take long.  After being in a relationship for 2 yrs over 6 hours apart now they are only 20 min apart.  He was bouncing ideas off me on how to travel to her once we got down there since he does not have a car so I knew it was coming. She had a drill team performance he really wanted to be at for her so he figured it out.





Day 232- Saturday, 8/20/22

It's good to be home and even better to be out with friends.  These are just a few of the people who have been so helpful and supportive during John's medical crisis and will always continue to be there for us.




Day 233- Sunday, 8/21/22

Time for just the two of us.  Our anniversary is tomorrow but it's better to go out to dinner tonight. This year instead of the trip to Greece we planned were taking a trip down memory lane back to where it all started.  Dinner was in Winters at the Buckhorn which we frequented often while dating in college.  In fact our parents first met each other here as we dined after our graduation and just a couple months before our wedding.  It's great to see that while the business has branched out to multiple places that are order at the counter this place has stayed exactly the same--just the way we like it after over 30 years.


That's it!  See you soon as I post the next week which starts to wrap up August.



1 comment:

  1. You moved your last one to college! Crazy! Glad it went well! So glad you got to go out with friends and then just the two of you. That is awesome you still live close to where you met and went out when you were dating. Good to see John out and about!

    ReplyDelete