Monday, September 5, 2022

Week 34

Hello again! Here's another post as I try to get these past 2 weeks posted before the upcoming week needs to be done.  I don't know if I'm coming or going these days even with an emptier house.

Here's a look at week 34's pictures (it was a busy work one for me):


Day 234- Monday, 8/22/22

Happy 30th anniversary to us! I had to work in the morning and John had an appointment later but after that we went to a movie together in Davis at the same theater we used to see movies in on "cheap date Tuesdays" during college.  This too is the same as it was back then.  It's not renovated with the recliner seats like most are now so it was nostalgic for sure but also pretty uncomfortable.  We're spoiled and used to those recliners now.  Great movie by the way--I highly recommend and now want to read the book.




Day 235- Tuesday, 8/23/22

I got a super early start at work this morning just so I could get things done. We're starting a goat testing project and I needed to get these samples run sooner rather than later with limited in-lab time at the end of the week because of an off-site work event. 



Day 236- Wednesday, 8/24/22

It's crazy hot out and this kitty boy just goes limp like a ragdoll in the heat.  The thing I like best about this picture though is that I just so happened without realizing it to capture one of our wedding shots in the background on the shelf to the right.  Super cool for this week in particular.





Day 237- Thursday, 8/25/22

Time for an OHI conference style annual meeting.  This is the 1st one I've attended and the first time it's been in person over the past few years because of the pandemic.  It's also a 2-day meeting.  Today it's held near the Alumni Center which is an area of campus I have not been to in awhile.  Thankfully I got to see a lot of good friends and collogues there, had a nice boxed lunch, and learned a lot about all the great work or institute does.  It was a long meeting which meant I got home much later than usual so someone was very happy to see me back and more than ready for food and attention.




Day 238- Friday, 8/26/22

The OHI meeting for day 2 was at Putah Creek Lodge on campus which just so happens to be the place where John and I got married.  Our ceremony was outside on the large grass area facing the arboretum and creek while the reception was in and around the lodge. What are the odds ending up here sitting for a meeting in the lodge on these grounds during our anniversary week 30 years later?!  This place also looks exactly like it did back in the day with no real updates except for way better parking. Back at home it's time for a picture of our Bella girl on National Dog day.  She's always very eager and happy to have her picture taken because she knows I'll reward her with treats.  The pets are a bit clingy this week because of the absence of the boys.  I can tell they feel the void just as we do.




Day 239- Saturday, 8/27/22

Here's a chill weekend at home, hot summer pool vibes, and pretty flowers lit up by the evening light rays.



Day 240- Sunday, 8/28/22

Today is a lazy Sunday perfect for napping, catching up on TV shows, and enjoying a simple family dinner with Tyler.  At least he's still close.  I did forgot to get a picture of him though--maybe next weekend.


That's it!  See you soon as I get back on track posting the right week on Tuesday.


1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary! 30 years! That is awesome! We are 27 this year. Glad you got to celebrate and how crazy that you had a meeting where you got married! Hope you are adjusting to the quiet house! John is looking stronger and that is great to see! Glad Tyler is still close! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete