Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Week 40

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  We're just plugging along around here and hoping that a few appointments toward the end of the month will give us more clarity in what the next few month will bring.  

Until then enjoy last week's pictures which include many signs of fall:

Day 276- Monday, 10/3/22

There's nothing better than starting the week off with a nice fall walk and of course in Calif we're still wearing flipflops through most of fall since it's too warm for cute fall boots just yet.




Day 277- Tuesday, 10/4/22

I made spaghetti and meatballs for tonight dinner paired with a nice local red wine.  After dinner I spied some turned leaves on many of the trees in the neighborhood.  Before you know it all the leaves will be turned and then on the ground and we'll be left with bare winter trees.




Day 278- Wednesday, 10/5/22

Wednesday at work I got all my in lab stuff done quickly so I could spend most the day on the computer plowing through some grant prep stuff before a planning meeting.  One week until the grant's due date.  I haven't been part of grant writing in quite a long time but it's all coming back to me including the last minute stress and push to get it done--always so many requirements and needed documents.




Day 279- Thursday, 10/6/22

I'm happy to see my rose bushes coming into one last bloom now that the temps have cooled a bit.  This rose bud is the perfect shade of color for fall.  Later at PT John worked  on his walking by making his way out to the car at the end of the session and it was no easy feat for him but he did it and the more he does it the easier it will get.




Day 280- Friday, 10/7/2

I love the pop of red color through the sea of green.  This was the only vine thread that had turned on the whole stretch of fence and it totally caught my eye.  After our walk it was treat time for Bella.  It is Friday after all.




Day 281- Saturday, 10/8/22

There's nothing like a warm cup of anything first thing in the morning that I can enjoy at home without rushing to get out.  Later I worked in the yard prepping it for fall and winter by making sure all the weeds are gone and the bushes are trimmed way back.  While out there I found this cute little feather stuck in the pool fence.



Day 282- Sunday, 10/9/22

It's time to decorate for fall so I picked up a variety of pumpkins and had Tyler help me get the Halloween boxes down from the attic.  What a fun time of year. 🍁


That's it! See you next week.



2 comments:

  1. Way to go John! Good luck with the grants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job John! Love the pumpkins! And you always have yummy food! Also love the outside pictures, the red color and feather in the fence!

    ReplyDelete