Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Week 24

Welcome back and happy Tuesday! Work has been super busy so not a whole lot else going on for me this week, but the weather has been nice and mild plus the week ended on a good note so all is well.

Here are last week's pictures:

Day 163- Monday, 6/12/23  

I feel like these crazy turkeys all over campus should be our mascot these days.  They are the now the first sign of life I see every morning at work.



Day 164- Tuesday, 6/13/23

Rusty is still a cuddle bug needing extra love because he's missing Justin.  He insists on sitting way up on me lately too instead of on my lap like usual and he's shedding like crazy in the summer heat so it's a bit hard on my eyes and nose.  Poor thing just follows me all around until I finally sit down so he can have his time.



Day 165- Wednesday, 6/14/23

It's nice to see my boys spending time in the kitchen and sending me photos of their creations. Tyler is practicing Eggs Benedict so he can make it for John on Father's Day and looks like he's doing great at it--not an easy thing to make.  Justin prefers baking and has made some cowboy cookies for him and his roommates-love his little emoji.




Day 166- Thursday, 6/15/23

The backyard lilies followed the front yard ones and finally started to bloom.  Honestly I'm surprised they survived and came back after last years extreme drought so I'm super happy to see them again.  No sign of poppies I seeded though.



Day 167- Friday, 6/16/23

Brandon is enjoying his summer free time while still looking for a summer job.  The whole apply only online thing is frustrating when there is usually no response or feedback at all and if you show up in person they don't want to talk to you even if you applied online already--sign of the times I guess.  It was easier face-to-face back in my day.  And, yes, Rusty is still at it.  He likes Fridays because I can relax sooner after work than I can on other days.  Today before he completely settled down he worked on making biscuits with his kitty kneading.




Day 168- Saturday, 6/17/23

We're out at a HUGE furniture showroom today looking for a new bedroom set.  We need to upgrade our mattress since the old one is not firm enough for John to turn as often as he needs to and we really need to change the size from a queen to a California King plus our current furniture is falling apart--clearly it's time. This place is so big we got a workout walking between the 2 huge buildings to see all the inventory and didn't bring John's chair so it was a bit much for him but he did great and had time to rest and recover while we got ordering, shipping and payment all set.  Everything will get delivered in about 2-3 weeks giving me just enough time to find new bedding and a larger rug.  Cha-ching!






Day 169- Sunday, 6/18/23

Happy Father's Day to this wonderful man!  He's great with the boys and we're so happy we still have him here to celebrate.  It's been 1 year since he return back home and 15 months since he was hospitalized. The boys worked together to make him breakfast.  Tyler had Brandon help with the Eggs Benedict and it was so yummy and turned out perfect!  He made it look easy but I know it's not.  Then we took in a movie and after ordered Chinese food for dinner.  Look at the "Learn Chinese" word on the back of John's fortune!  What are the odds he would pick the 1 out of 6 cookies we got that had that learning word today?!  We missed Justin but he was at least able to reach out and wish his dad a great day.


That's all folks.  See next week as we wrap up June.  Yikes, summer is slipping away already!

2 comments:

  1. New bedroom furniture sounds so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to see your new bedroom furniture! Impressive that the boys made eggs Benedict. It is not easy, but so good! Love your lilies! Such a beautiful yellow! So good to see John so much improved since last year! I know it has been a very long journey for you! All of you!!

    ReplyDelete