Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Week 45

Welcome back and happy Tuesday! We're getting excited for Thanksgiving coming up. The college boys will be home the end of this week for a whole week and we're all looking forward to it. Since this is the last full work week before the big day it's stacking up to be a busy one especially with me planning to take most of the holiday week off. It will be worth it though to spend more time with my family while they are all here.

Take a look at last week's pictures when things were pretty chill and I had a lot of time to get outdoors:


Day 310- Monday, 11/6/23

We started the week with rain, rain, rain.  My drive to work was dry but about 30min after when I looked out the building windows it was dumping.  Good thing I brought a jacket with a hood today.  Later back at home I saw that John made the PT social media post for using their new VR trainer to help fine tune his balance.  He's come so far!  The first picture was him back in March having to take a a much needed break after a short attempt at walking. Now he's kicked the chair to the curb, is driving, walking mostly without a cane, and wanting to try skiing again this winter. Just like the words on the wall say, "Nothing is impossible."




Day 311- Tuesday, 11/7/23

Working remote today I got to see the morning fog out front and the afternoon sun out back--it was a typical fall day.




Day 312- Wednesday, 11/8/23

This afternoon I was checking on plants out back and noticed the pretty red leaves popping up on the bush lighting up in the sunshine.  Later on a walk to the park and back as I passed this huge palm tree I looked up and marveled at it's underneath pattern and beauty against the very blue sky.  Not sure why but I was really connecting with nature this week.




Day 313- Thursday, 11/9/23

Pomegranates are in season and so many people at work are bringing them in to share.  This one and couple others I got came from my boss. The only downside is how messy they are to eat. Now for my favorite tree at home--it's leaves have quickly gone from all green to green with yellow and now mostly yellow with brown soon to be all brown before the drop to the ground.  I'm so glad we live in a part of Calif that has seasons and great fall color changes.





Day 314- Friday, 11/10/23

TGIF!  It's a work holiday for Veteran's Day and thank you to all those that serve and help protect this country.  I had a nice relaxing day with a slow start.  It was super cold this morning so I was happy to enjoy a couple nice warm drinks.  Later, once it warmed up, I spent more time in the yard to help get it ready for harsher weather to come.  Much to my surprise this plant, in one of our side yards, is thriving with many blooming and vibrant flowers.  Bet they won't be there much longer as our nights are getting colder and colder.







Day 315- Saturday, 11/11/23

We got to go to a fun event this afternoon.  It was a SCI-FIT customer appreciation taco feast where clients got to pie their trainers as fundraiser.  They were all such good sports and everyone really had a great time.  John made sure to get in on his fill of the action buying enough pies for every trainer and then some.  What a mess!




Day 316- Sunday, 11/12/23 

The best part about weekends is having my college kids check in and send me pictures.  It's nice to see they look happy and healthy especially when I know there's been some challenges.  Justin also asked me for my cranberry orange muffin recipe and sent me a picture of the ones he made for him and his roommates.  Looks like they turned out great.  As for John and I we've been working our way through the many seasons of Suits on Netflix and thought we were almost done at season 7 but turns out that Netflix only has 7 seasons for now but there are at least 2 more seasons that we'll have to find and watch somewhere else.


That's it for now.  Check back next week when we'll have pictures of us with a full house again.


2 comments:

  1. Yeah for John!!! That is amazing! Love all your pictures of the leaves and flowers! So beautiful! What a fun fundraiser! And also kind of messy ;)

    ReplyDelete