Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Week 2

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  We're plugging through the year and find it hard to believe that January is already half way over.  The boys are getting ready to head back to school and I'm back at work so less time for fun but we do have a trip to the snowy mountains coming up that we're looking forward to.

Until then, here are last week's pictures:


Day 8- Monday, 1/8//24

John fried up some chicken strips outside for dinner tonight.  It's a bit cold and dark but at least it's not raining and he bundled up plus had the new owl lamps lighting his way.  I moved them to the BBQ counters and was delighted to see the cool pattern they made on that surface.



Day 9- Tuesday, 1/9/24

This evening for a nightcap I enjoyed a cranberry winter spritz in one of my new wine glasses that I got for Christmas.  Love the the pretty gold rim on them.





Day 10- Wednesday, 1/10/24

Wednesday at work I wore some of my new socks with some older shoes that show them off well.  It's clear out but the clearer days are the colder days so nice warm wool socks in pretty designs are great to have right now.  Back at home the afternoon sun lit up the backyard and filtered in nicely across the pool table.  Our boys used this table a lot over the holidays which was fun for them but now it's time to put the balls away and cover the table until spring break.





Day 11- Thursday, 1/11/24

John took the older boys out to sushi while Brandon and I did our own thing for dinner and then picked up cookies for all to enjoy after.  That one cookie is a waffle cookie complete with a syrup packet to drizzle on top. They get crazy creative at Crumble.




Day 12- Friday, 1/12/24

TGIF!  I wore my new star sweater and star necklace (representing my 3 boys) and got lots of compliments. When I made it home from work I saw Rusty's tail peeking out from his napping blanket.




Day 13- Saturday, 1/13/24

It was a VERY rainy day as I dropped Justin off at the train station.  The rain on the windshield almost makes the scene look like a painting. Justin will be living in Humboldt the next few months to finish out his lease and wrap up a research project before moving for good to where ever the next great opportunity takes him.  As for us we braved the rain to go out and have dinner with some friends.  At least it was warm comfort food and good drinks.



Day 14- Sunday, 1/14/24

Speaking of warm comfort food.  For Sunday dinner I made lasagna.  When it came out of the oven it was so bubbly, gooey, and perfectly ready to eat. Yum!


That's it! See you next week.



1 comment: