Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Week 3

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  I wasn't sure I'd make it posting today since we just got back from a quick trip to the mountains but luckily I found the time.  Last week was a full but fun one and now we're back to being empty nesters again until spring break.

Here's what happened last week:


Day 15- Monday, 1/15/24

Today was MLK holiday so I took advantage of the time off to head to the mall for some returns that I could not return by mail and exchanged them for these much better options.  I can't even tell you how long it's been since I've been at the mall but thankfully is was not busy and I was successful in my mission.  




Day 16- Tuesday, 1/16/24

We're expecting some series of rain events over the next several days so I took advantage of the sunny day today to get some weeding and winter pruning done.  While back there I kept seeing pops of red that helped make the winter dead yard seem not so bad and even pretty in its own way.




Day 17- Wednesday, 1/17/24

Wednesday at work was all about results and getting caught up on data entry plus trying to learn the new university-wide purchasing system that has way too many bugs to make it user friendly.  Later at home my computer time was more enjoyable with the start of our 1st monthly zoom meeting for the year long Recollect group photo project I started.  I like the idea of a monthly zoom check in with the group and was happy to hear I'm no more behind already than anyone else.😉




Day 18- Thursday, 1/18/24

Tonight we took Brandon out to dinner since this is his last week with us for awhile and he chose Chinese food.  We had fun looking at the Zodiac sheet and finding the right sign for everyone in our family.  Turns out, according to this, Brandon and Tyler have competing signs and Brandon's sign should watch out for Tyler's.  LOL! This explains a lot in the way the butt heads playing games together.  My sign is the Dog and and it's pretty spot on for me. I like my cookie fortune too and am hoping I can put to good use at work soon.






Day 19- Friday, 1/19/24

TGIF!  I love seeing snapshots of how Justin is doing back in Arcata. Since he's just working on a research project he has a lot more time to have some fun and enjoy his time in his surroundings the next few months.  He's still doing his gaming club, he enjoys baking for his roommates, and he loves being one of the favorite subjects for his artist friend. Now for us here at home it's time for popcorn and a movie. We found this 2018 movie while searching for something free to stream that we haven't already seen.  All the current movies we want to see are not available to stream for free yet.  I hate how Prime has all the good stuff but to rent for $24--ack!  Anyway this was good with great actors and had a similar feel to the The Last of Us series.





Day 20- Saturday, 1/20/24

I dropped Brandon off at the airport this morning so he can head back to LA and start his spring semester next week although it seems there may be a teacher's strike that might delay the start a bit.  We'll see!  Later it was all about the Niner's game in our house and it was a bit of a nail biter but they pulled through in the end.  Tyler and John were happy boys and look forward to the next playoff game.






Day 21- Sunday, 1/21/24

Yay!  Time for a trip to the Sierra mountains.  We drove up in the pouring rain to Northstar ski resort.  The snow coverage at village level is not that great this year but we hear things are much better up at the mountain where we plan to ski tomorrow.  Fingers crossed!  It was great to relax in our condo once we arrived and to go out into the village for dinner after dark.  Tyler is with us and took this cute picture of John and I.  Cheers to getting away for a quick, early-week trip with no real crowds.


That's it!  Catch you back next week.



1 comment: