Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Week 4

Hello and happy Tuesday! Can you believe January is almost over? It was a full and quick month and we're looking forward to what the rest of 2024 brings. I do know for sure February will get a lot more interesting for us and I'll tell you why next week.  For now it was nice that in January I got my birthday trip to the mountains again which was the perfect way to spend time out in nature on and around my special day.

Take a look at last week's pictures:







Day 22- Monday, 1/22/24

Happy Birthday to me and what a great day it was out on the slopes of this beautiful ski area.  John even tried to ski.  The altitude was a bit hard but not his most limiting factor.  He did great trying to make a few strings of consecutive turns but didn't feel safe enough to continue because his one leg just can't turn quite well enough to help him control his speed.  It was worth the try though because now he knows what he needs to work on in PT to give him a better chance of success next year.  Thankfully he didn't mind hanging at the lodge while Tyler and I continued to ski. The best gift of all for me was no lift lines since it's a Monday and  having small spurts for big fluffy snow making it feel like I was truly skiing in a winter wonderland.  Afterward we feasted at the local pizza place for dinner.  There is nothing like a good warm pizza after a full day on the mountain.





Day 23- Tuesday, 1/23/24

Here's our last bit of time in the village before we drove home today from the mountains.  Of course the blue skies and sunshine show up while were leaving but that's ok because we skied on fresh snow which will be better than the icy/melty snow they get today.



Day 24- Wednesday, 1/24/24

It's Wednesday at work where I have 3 days to get 5 days worth of work done which feels daunting but we also had birthday goodies for me at our lab meeting which allowed for a nice break.  My boss's son decorated the box for me too and I got to take the extras home.





Day 25- Thursday, 1/25/24

Rusty is happy we are back.  He's not a fan when we leave him for a few days and tends to be extra clingy when we get back after, of course, he's done ignoring us for the first couple hours to let us know he did not approve of our absence--cats!  Also this pretty ring was my birthday gift from Tyler and Lupe along with a new book to read and I just love how delicate and imperfect the little pearls on the ring are.




Day 26- Friday, 1/26/24

TGIF!  Up in Humboldt even though Justin is no longer an official student he's still able to run his gaming club and lives for his Fridays because of it.  Since it's a new semester he's doing some new recruiting and hoping to find a couple people to run the club after he leaves for good in May.  He's also been busy in the kitchen and I want him to make some of these candied cranberries for me next time he's home. Otherwise not much going on here at home. Our Friday night movie just dropped on Netflix and was actually a pretty good true story depiction of the GameStop stock takeover if you can get past the foul language and certain crud song choices.




Day 27- Saturday, 1/27/24

Today we went out to take in the new Godzilla -1.  We missed it in theaters when the color version was out but they just released the black and white one so we hit that up and it was way better than I was expecting which was a nice surprise.  The story line is really good and compelling.  Even had me in tears near the end.  After we went out to dinner at a nice local place.




Day 28- Sunday, 1/28/24

Go Niners!  You can bet today was all about football in this house.  It was a horrible 1st half but thankfully the 49ers brought their A game in the second half for a win.  Next stop--Super Bowl!


That's it!  See you all next week as we start a new month.  I already feel this year slipping away--how can that be?



No comments:

Post a Comment