Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Week 1

Here we go with a brand new year.  I can't believe this will be my 9th year posting pictures of our everyday life.  Now that I'm so close I've got to at least make it through 10 years.  That's pretty cool to think I'll have a solid 10 year photo record of my family and our daily goings on soon.  I just need to keep it going and for now we'll start with 2018.

Here are the first week's pictures in our new year:


Day 1- Monday, 1/1/18
It's New Year's Day and we're spending it at home together.  Later we'll make tacos and enjoy yet another feast to celebrate.  My New Year's resolution is "no excuses!"  I'm too good about talking myself out of things and that needs to change.  What's something you'll work as we enter 2018?





Day 2- Tuesday, 1/2/18
I'm back at work this week, but the kids are still on break so after work today we went out together to spend some of their gift-card money.  Mine's the small non-frilly one ;0)






Day 3- Wednesday, 1/3/18
And the new year brings rain!  The storm door is finally opening here in California.  We have system after system lined up in the pacific that will bring rain through the middle or end of next week and it's about time!  I need snow in our mountains for my birthday trip and the only way to get that is having rain here.  A wet and cold day is a perfect day for a warm meal like beef stew so I used my new Instant Pot to make some.  Yum!





Day 4- Thursday, 1/4/18
Like I said rain here brings snow in the mountains so to prepare for that this week I ordered new ski jackets and snow boots for the younger boys who have out grown last year's gear.  Now we're almost all set for our ski trip in a couple weeks.  Note: I bought a size larger than they need since we're still in that crazy puberty growing stage. Teenagers!





Day 5- Friday, 1/5/18
Look at my friend.  It's been colder out so Rusty is seeking warmth. Usually he's sitting on my lap but this time he decided to sit up behind me and try to snuggle in my neck.  Maybe I should turn up the heat?





Day 6- Saturday, 1/6/18
Today was a super busy day.  I could have totally added a few more pictures but these are the most significant.  Justin went to the animal shelter this afternoon to have his volunteer papers signed and have the required picture taken for his school service project.  He mostly works in the cattery there and we're both happy that's finished for now.  Later I used the Instant Pot to make a baby-back rib dinner for Tyler's last home-cooked meal.  He heads back to school tomorrow morning. 





Day 7- Sunday, 1/7/18
We're sending him off once again.  It's time to head back to UCLA for winter quarter.  We've enjoyed having him for a good 3 weeks and look forward to seeing him again in late March for spring break.  This year his break is actually at the same time as his brothers' which will be an added bonus.




There you are--first week done!  I hope to see you back next week for more fun.


3 comments:

  1. Yeah for the 9th year! Also yeah for instant pots! I got one for Christmas too! I like Mel's Kitchen Cafe for her recipes. She has lots of instant pot ones. Looks like a good week! Glad you are getting rain! Glad Tyler got off safely. It is nice to have everyone home! I send Miss Abigail off Thursday. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting to be on year 9!! The IP is ALL the rage!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NINE years! Wow, that's quite an accomplishment. Great job. I'm glad you're still doing it.

    That Instant Pot baby-back rib dinner made my mouth water just looking at it. YUM! I've heard great things about Instant pots, so I might have to break down and buy one soon. :)

    ReplyDelete