Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Week 52

Welcome back, happy Tuesday, and happy New Year!  Here we go 2018!!  I hope it proves to be a good year for all.  I'm back at work this week but the kids are still on break for another week--lucky them! I wish I could join in but we're starting a new project that requires me to be available at least for a few days.  I'll see what I can figure out.  

Until then here's a look at how the last week in 2017 went down:



Day 358- Sunday, 12/24/17
Happy Christmas Eve!  We're big on traditions for today.  My boys love to deliver cookie plates to the neighbors made up of some of these treats. For dinner we always make homemade pizza and then after driving around to look at Christmas lights we open one gift before bed. Even with Justin working today he was still able to do all the things he loves about this day.





Day 359- Monday, 12/25/17
Merry Christmas to all!  Another full and fun day with my family.  The tree was in all it's glory early this morning waiting for the kids to wake up (takes longer and longer the older they get).  Then we took turns opening presents, enjoyed a grand prime-rib feast with delicious popovers and ended the day sharing a festive Christmas cake.





Day 360- Tuesday, 12/26/17
Today was a Lego building day for Brandon.  He was super excited to build this Ferrari and learned a lot about the car by doing so.  It amazes me how quickly he can put these sets together, and then after he relaxed by playing a new video game.  I'd say he's enjoying his break.





Day 361- Wednesday, 12/27/17 
I got a new winter vest for Christmas which is perfect for our current weather.  It's not cold enough for a full on winter jacket but still too cold for just a sweater or sweatshirt.  Given our long term forecast I'll get a lot of good use out of this vest.  Winner!





Day 362- Thursday, 12/28/17
Everyone else is either at work or out with friends so Brandon and I are enjoying each other's company by binge watching Stranger Things 2.  So good.





Day 363- Friday, 12/29/17
We had our annual family pictures done this morning and then went out to lunch after.  There we discussed plans for our upcoming New Year's Eve celebration.





Day 364- Saturday, 12/30/17
It's time to take down Christmas and get ready for the new year.  While I do this downstairs Tyler is happy to have a couple new video games to play on his break upstairs.  It's definitely something he misses while away at school.






Day 365- Sunday, 12/31/17
It was a lovely day out so I took the dog for a nice long walk. It felt great to take in some fresh air and stretch the legs before we settled in for the night and had fun ringing in the new year.  Happy New Year's Eve!  The boys enjoyed our traditional chocolate fondue dessert while John and I enjoyed the bubbly. Tyler was out celebrating with friends.  It's won't be long before the other two will be doing the same and it will just be me and him.




Wait!  One more:

December's Family Photo


Obviously this one was taken Christmas morning just before opening presents.  Happy Holidays!




OK, that wraps up another year.  2017 is officially done and in the books.  Check back next week to see how we kick off another crazy, fun-filled year.


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful holiday week! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great holiday week! Your homemade pizza and treats look yummy! and the cake is super cute! Glad you were able to enjoy your holiday with everyone home! Happy New Year to you and hope 2018 is wonderful for your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That plate of goodies w/ the fudge & cookies is making my mouth water. YUM! It sounds like y'all had a GREAT Christmas & New Year's. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, how are you uploading pics to your blog? I do mine through Google photos & I keep getting an error that they can't upload. A lot of people are having that issue according to the Blogger Help Forum. Do you upload your pics directly into blogger from your computer?

    ReplyDelete