Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Week 23

Hello and welcome back!  We're adjusting to a summer schedule and trying to figure out a new normal.  This first month is pretty much all over the place in terms of where kids need to be and when, but they so far have been great about biking where they need to go when I'm at work and only needing rides for a few random things.  I also feel the stress level in them decreasing so they are much happier kids as it usually is during summer break. We finally decided we could fit in a small vacation getaway this year but it won't be until the end of summer so we'll just dream about it until then. Meanwhile, today, I'm stuck at home dealing with car troubles but do see an end in sight.

Here's a look at last week's pictures:

Day 155- Monday, 6/4/18
Someone is being silly and even the dog is ignoring him.  Gotta love the kickback days of summer when I can actually see more of my crazy kids.





Day 156- Tuesday, 6/5/18
Nothing screams summer more than fresh picked strawberries.  We can eat them year round here in California but they always taste, smell, and look better in the summer.





Day 157- Wednesday, 6/6/18
I promised them we'd try out our new Cold Stone place once school was out for the break and we're just now getting to that. Yum!





Day 158- Thursday, 6/7/18
Brandon bought this Warriors sweatshirt with money he got from 8th grade promotion and even though its at least 80 degrees out he's determined to wear it.  Bella likes it too because it's black which is her favorite color ;0)





Day 159- Friday, 6/8/18
. . . and it's a win for the Warriors! Another NBA championship and the boys in this house are happy.  I'm happy it was a sweep because that means no more games--not a fan of a 7 game series.





Day 160- Saturday, 6/9/18
It must be the weekend because we're doing more yard work.  The pruning and weeding is done so now we can lay down fresh mulch which is greatly needed.  Brandon helped me pick it up at Lowes and I spread it around the flowerbeds.  We thought 6 bags would be enough, but I had to go back for another 6!  Now the yard looks finished, smells of redwood, and we can enjoy it even more.




Day 161- Sunday, 6/10/18
When Rusty is not napping he's either watching for birds who like to taunt him or watching the kids play video games.  LOL!  At least he's interested in his surroundings.  That red pillow is one of his favorite napping spots as you can see and not long after I took this picture I had Justin clean it for me.  Both the pets are shedding like crazy right now with the heat.




That's it! Another week come and gone. We head out Friday to move Tyler home for the summer.  Yay!  Let's just hope the car is all fixed.  Apparently it's another busted axle which happened last summer too.  The potholes around here are not my friends!


2 comments:

  1. What a nice start to summer! Congrats on the Warriors, I was rooting for them over the Cavs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well for Tyler's move home! I am sure your yard looks great! Ice cream is the perfect summer treat. Hope you all have a great week!

    ReplyDelete