Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Week 37

Hello and welcome back!  I'm running a bit late because it's a crazy time right now trying to get Tyler all packed to moved back to school while dealing with multiple big work projects and other kids and appointments and pets and a birthday and oh my!  Let's just say I'm looking forward to things settling down really soon.

Here's a peek at how last week went down:
 

Day 253- Monday, 9/10/18
This afternoon I found a dragonfly in the pool which is cool to see up close.  Then, just inside, I see that Brandon has taken over the kitchen table for homework.  I need to get this kid a desk.  Steinbeck is in the house once again for 9th grade English reading.





Day254- Tuesday, 9/11/18
 Must be dinner time and my hungry boys know how to put a dent in a meal especially if it's orange chicken which is one of their favorites right now.





Day 255- Wednesday, 9/12/18
 After school, after practice, after biking home, after dinner, after homework, after chores, after showering he can finally relax and unwind.  He chooses to do so by playing games on the computer while plugged into music and that is fine by me because he certainly earned some screen time.





Day 256- Thursday, 9/13/18
 This morning the sky looked amazing covered in these patterned clouds just after dawn as I made my way across campus for coffee with a friend.  Then this afternoon John pointed out another cool dragonfly but out front and very much alive.  What amazing colors and wing detail on this one.  They always make me feel at peace seeing them and remind me of my brother who has passed.





Day 257- Friday, 9/14/18
 It must be Friday because Bella is ready and waiting for her bone.  She gets one every Friday and knows exactly when to ask for it.  Happy day!





Day 258- Saturday, 9/15/18
Wow!  Crazy full day but all fun and good times.  John took the older boys out on their annual sushi feast before Tyler heads back to school.  Justin later went to the homecoming dance with a bunch of friends while John and I went out with Sharon and Richie.  We first went to the Old Sugar Mill for wine tasting and then to dinner and then to drinks. We enjoy those progressive nights out.






Day 259- Sunday, 9/16/18
I'm loving these blue IKEA bags for packing up Tyler's dorm stuff.  They are super cheap and hold so much stuff plus are easy to carry with sturdy straps.  Where have they been the past 2 years?!  After doing some packing and housecleaning we headed to Davis for a BBQ at Ray's place and it was great to see all these guys get together again to enjoy a good football game.  Plus the food was supper good.  Ray takes his grilling seriously.  Thanks Lily for taking the picture of the guys and thanks Darryl for sharing it with me off your phone.  Love our network.




That's it for now.  Time to finishing prepping for the trip to LA and back. 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck getting Tyler back to school!
    Mice and Men is a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete