Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Week 50

Welcome back and happy Tuesday.  Only 4 more days until Christmas!!!  We're in full on vacation and prep mode.  The plan is for my 2 younger boys to get their booster shots, finish up last minute shopping for stocking stuffers plus pet gifts, and then bake some yummy holiday treats to share while watching all the Christmas classics.  It's going to be a fun week aside from the shots--lol!

Here are last week's pictures:



Day 347- Monday, 12/13/21

We Started the week with a crazy amount of rain.  The morning commute was sketchy at best and then afterward I had to do a rainy-day kid pickup because it was to unsafe for a bike ride home.  In other news, Bella was the featured pet for a newsletter at John's work which was fun to see.




Day 348- Tuesday, 12/14/21

We were expecting more rain today but thankfully the sun broke through and the sky showed blue. This was great because it was a day for running errands after getting some remote work done.  One of those errands was taking Brandon to the post office to mail a package and when I asked for Christmas stamps as well they had these cute otter ones in the mix that I just couldn't pass up since I do a lot of otter projects for work.  Our Calif sea otters do not play in the snow but there are some up in Alaska that surely would.  Love these.




Day 349- Wednesday, 12/15/21

Another errand I had to run yesterday required me to unexpectedly buy a new washer and dryer.  Our washer was failing and deemed unrepairable.  The new set was delivered and set up today. Not exactly what I wanted for Christmas, but here they are.  Tyler was in need of a dryer for his new place so since our old one was still working we passed that one on to him instaed of having it hauled off with the washer so at least the timing work well for that.  Today I also worked on knocking out a few more Christmas prep items.  I'd been looking for a pre-built gingerbread house kit for while but hadn't been able to find one until today.  We'll decorate it some time next week after Justin gets home to help.




Day 350- Thursday, 12/16/21

Tonight was my work's Christmas party out at an open barn brewery in Dixon.  It was cold out but clear and not windy plus we were warned to dress warm so it was all good and fun.  We were happy to be able to avoid a virtual party this year.  I also got to see my retired boss again who has been out the country for that past 6 months.






Day 351- Friday, 12/17/21

I banged out the Christmas cards and dropped them in the mail this afternoon, found some Christmas berries in the neighborhood on our walk, and kicked off my winter break with a festive pomegranate and orange martini.  TGIF and cheers to the holidays!





Day 352- Saturday, 12/18/21

While I was working in the home office on some indoor chores I spied John and Brandon working together to get those outdoor lights put up. Later that afternoon John helped Tyler get our old dryer to his new place, and I left to pick up Justin from the train.  It's great to have him back with all his flare, and it's great to see our house all lit up at night representing with the rest of the neighborhood. The full moon was even out in full force to add a little extra ambiance.





Day 353- Sunday, 12/19/21

I jumped on the Nortic gnome bandwagon.  They seem to be everywhere this year and I just couldn't resist.  These 3 came in the mail yesterday and I found a perfect spot for them today to help add more cheer in our dining area.  Speaking of cheer, we made a big batch of Christmas crack to munch on through the week and later watched the Christmas Vacation classic together.


That's it for this weet!  Have a wonderful holiday everyone!




2 comments:

  1. The otter stamps are SO cute! That Christmas crack is so yummy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Christmas prep week! Glad you have all the kids home now! We love Christmas crack and those otter stamps are so cute! Yeah for semi-back to normal Christmas parties! Have a very Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete