Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Week 52

Hello and welcome back!  Here we are in the new year and this will be the last post for the last week in 2021!  I hope everyone had a nice and safe celebration for ringing in 2022, and I hope this new year brings you much happiness.

Here's a look at how we ended 2021:



Day 361- Monday, 12/27/21

The whole family is home this week still on winter break so we kicked off the week with a new Marvel movie which was fun.  Then in the afternoon, as Justin was relaxing, Rusty decided to join him.  Justin wants to point out that his orange kitty in glasses socks as well.  Plus look what's happening in our mountains with the heavy storms we're having.  Over 17ft of snow with more to come--great for our upcoming ski trip next month and our drought situation (photo credit NBC BayArea).





Day 362- Tuesday, 12/28/21

Time to take Christmas down.  The recycle guys come tomorrow morning to get the tree so we had to get it out to the curb ready for that.  It's fun decorating but not so much packing it all back up to put away.  Then look at the long lines where Tyler is working at Cal Expo doing COVID tests.  He said many were waiting over 5 hours. This new variant sucks!  I'm so glad I have access to private testing at my work since it has to be done every 2 weeks regardless.





Day 363- Wednesday, 12/29/21

Today was a very rainy morning and I had to head out early for my COVID test on campus which will allow me to head back to work next week.  Later back at home it was still raining when I ran out to check the mail and was thankful I had a nice winter jacket with a hood on.  As you can see behind me, Christmas may be down inside but we still have the outside lights to pack up which won't happen until the rain clears.  Breakfast for dinner was a great idea on a cold rainy night like this one. 





Day 364- Thursday, 12/30/21

. . .A nd today the sun shines bright with pretty blue skies.  There are still many puddles to be found but that's ok.  The break between storms is nice.  I also spotted these blue winter buds on a bush out front that add a nice pop of color to otherwise drab vegetation this time of year.






Day 365- Friday, 12/31/21

Happy New Year's Eve! We spent it at home eating our traditional finger foods and chocolate fondue while playing game and watching time square parties.  John is totally blurred in the 3rd picture, too excited for the ball drop, but I like that you can see the kids in the background and Justin's glass full of grape sparkling cider 😊


That's a wrap for 2021!  Next week I'll post week 1 of 2022 which will have Saturday and Sunday from this week added for the right year.





2 comments:

  1. So glad the mountains are getting snow! This variant is insane, I am glad I can get private testing through the company school contracted with. Happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Covid testing right now is nuts. The new variant is just crazy. Glad you have access to private testing! Looks like a great end of your year and SO much snow! That is a blessing! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete