Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Week 13

Happy Tuesday and welcome back! I hope you and yours are all safe. My heart goes out to New York, all medical staff, and others hit hard by this pandemic. We're bracing here in California for the worst and hoping LA doesn't soon look like New York. Makes me nervous having a kid still in LA. Just breathe, stay home, love your family and let's beat this thing.  

Here are last week's pictures as we continue to spend the majority of our time at home:


Day 83- Monday, 3/23/20
I'm trying to only go to the store once a week and continue to eat healthy but the fresh items can be hard to find.  Sadly Target where I usually shop was almost completely out of produce and milk today.  The only thing I found there were the grapes but thankfully Nugget was fully stocked with even better quality produce so I loaded up.





Day 84- Tuesday, 3/24/20
I'm working at home today answering emails, sorting out sample delivery logistics, attending zoom meetings and updating safety and training books for inspections that will happen after all this is over. At least it's a nice day and I can retreat to my backyard when I need a break, fresh air, and change of scenery.  I like how these flowers ready to bloom just pop as white floating dots against the leaves. 





Day 85- Wednesday, 3/25/20
It's a bit cold and windy out today plus I need something besides computer work to help engage my housebound teen--making cookies did the trick.  He's always eager to help in the kitchen when baked goods are involved.  The store only had these enlarged dark chocolate chips which I've never seen before so we went with them and they worked perfectly--I'd say even better than the originals. 





Day 86- Thursday, 3/26/20
I had to work in the lab so was gone most of the day and this guy missed me.  He's getting used to us being home more.  It's not quite cold enough for him to sit on my lap but he found his way behind me to get as close as he could and if he gets any closer he'll be falling off.  LOL- social distancing is not his thing.






Day 87- Friday, 3/27/20
It's been a stressful week for John back at work troubleshooting how to function under current conditions, but now it's Friday so he can cut loose and unwind by playing some tunes and then binge watching the new season of Ozark with me.





Day 88- Saturday, 3/28/20
It rained earlier today but the sun is shining right now and it feels good to be able to get outside when we can.  Outside at home I've got many pretty flowers blooming around the beautiful blue of the pool and outside where Justin is he's got these grand redwoods with easily accessed hiking trails right off campus. Nature sure helps calm and heal all.  I'm grateful for that!





Day 89- Sunday, 3/29/20
Since I'm stuck at home I might as well bang through the laundry.  Bella is my helper keeping me company.  She likes resting in this home-office room since it's the only room left downstairs with comfortable carpet to lay on.  I like to fold laundry in here so I can easily watch Netflix shows while I work through it.



That's it!  See you next week and continue to stay home so we can flatten the curve.  I know it's hard but we can do this and will get through it stronger than ever.


2 comments:

  1. Extra large chocolate chips are a quarantine must!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of your flowers! I was worried about you in CA! Stay home and stay safe! We are doing the same here. Not fun, but so important that we do it. Oh, the memories we are making! Chocolate chip cookies always make everything better! Lots of prayers and patience!

    ReplyDelete