Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Week 30

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  It was a slow uneventful week compared to the one before but still we had some good times together and enjoyed being home.  The days continue to be hot, but we have a wonderful delta breeze blowing through the house in the evenings to help cool us down for the night.  It's crazy to think July is almost over and August is upon us.  I can feel summer slipping away.

Until then here are last week's pictures:


Day 202- Monday, 7/20/20
Rusty is watching over my puzzle.  I'm making good progress and the new board is working well but I'm having a hard time finding a place to keep it where it's not in the way.  That's the thing with large puzzles and I knew that going in so everyone will just have to deal until I'm done. 😁





Day 203- Tuesday, 7/21/20
His summer class and song writing work are exhausting but he's almost done.  One more week and then he can forget about studies for a few weeks until school starts again.  Sadly it will be here before we know it!  Good thing is it means another trip to the coast.






Day 204- Wednesday, 7/22/20
The university voided our old permits and quit charging for parking during the quarantine months but has now issued new ones and will start charging again in August. It was nice while it lasted.  I hung my new multi-year permit up for the first time at work today.  Back at home we enjoyed root beer floats after dinner--the perfect summer treat.






Day 205- Thursday, 7/23/20
After a few zoom meetings that took up my entire morning I retreated to the back yard to find some peace and tranquility.  It works every time, and am lucky I have a place outside at home to clear my head.  I do wish I could take those zoom meetings out here but our internet stability outside is a problem.  Meanwhile Justin is planning to make donuts this weekend and trying to decide which of the many in this book he wants to try first.






Day 206- Friday, 7/24/20
Time for the baseball season opener--Giants playing the Dodgers complete with cutouts fans in the stands.  I wonder how long these attempts at "isolated" sports will last?  Basketball is set to try next.  TGIF!  Brandon and Bella are ready for the weekend and will kick it off with a walk through the park right after dinner.






Day 207- Saturday, 7/25/20
I'm enjoying this refreshing summer wine while John is making us a nice steak dinner. Then while the boys were playing in the pool at dusk the sky lit up pink for us. Gotta love weekend summer nights..






Day 208- Sunday, 7/26/20
Today is the day Justin made us donuts and he did a bang up job.  They're raised donuts with espresso glaze and were a whole lot of work but totally worth it.  What kind will he make next?  We also finished watching Outlander tonight and have moved on to binge watching Yellowstone.




Wait!  One more-

July's Family Photo



Taken on our trip to the coast with the full crew.



That's it!  Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you next week.



2 comments:

  1. Donuts and rootbeer floats! I am hungry now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy week with those root beer floats and donuts!! We made donuts during quarantine and loved them. A lot of work but yummy! Love your family picture of the beach! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete