Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Week 47

Welcome back and happy Tuesday! How can it be Thanksgiving week already? This time of year always goes by so fast. It most certainly feels more like fall and also like winter is creeping in with near freezing temps and snow falling in the mountains. The change is nice but does take some getting used to.  As for the remodel, this should be our final week. Shower glass in going in today so aside from the new closet doors which will take a couple more weeks that is the last piece of the puzzle. I can't wait to have my master bath shower back! Closet doors we can live without for a bit longer but the shower is a must.

Now take a look at last week's pictures:

Day 321- Monday, 11/16/20

Not a bad way to start the week with a beautiful sunrise right out my front door.  These clouds mean a storm is brewing so we expect rain for the next couple days.





Day 322- Tuesday, 11/17/20

I've been doing yoga now for the past few months and it has become part of my daily routine that I enjoy.  Trying to carve out time can be a challenge, but I never regret finding the time when I can.  It certainly helps with stress, strength and flexibility--all good things.  And then there is the rain. It came down pretty good this afternoon.




Day 323- Wednesday, 11/18/20

So this just happened.  Anyone--staff, faculty, students, visitors--needing to access buildings on the UC Davis campus must now get weekly COVID testing at the rec center.  I found out about it yesterday and got my first test done today at 6:30am.  I get it, but weekly testing is going to a be a logistical pain.  At least it's a spit test and not a nasal one.  In other news, at home it's still raining, and look at Tyler getting ready to walk the dog in a raincoat with shorts and flip flops.  I think he thinks he's still in LA.




Day 324- Thursday, 11/19/20

Brandon helped me make dinner tonight as we tried pizza rolls suggested by a blogger friend of mine.  They are made just like cinnamon rolls but with pizza fillings and turned out great.  Of course they were also a big hit and didn't last long.  Thanks for the suggestion Jen.




Day 325- Friday, 11/20/20 

Look who I'm with!  I drove up to Humboldt to collect Justin for fall break.  He usually takes the bus and train home, but I don't trust public transportation right now so will be driving him home and back in the safety of my own car.  He's been tested and self isolating, and I just got my negative test results back so it will be nice to have him safe at home for a good week. It's such a long drive that I'm staying overnight so we had time to get an afternoon hike in just before the sun started to go down.  I so love exploring these redwoods and used the second picture for today's photo prompt which just happened to be about a landscape scene from somewhere in the whole wide world.




Day 326- Saturday, 11/21/20

We're back home now and out on a walk I snapped a picture of this tree for a photo prompt about bending and not breaking.  As you can see we have some good fall color right now.  It finally got cold enough to turn the rest of the trees.  Justin is happy to be back and have a nice home cooked meal to enjoy with the family.  John and him are also bonding over music and the release of a new AC/DC album. 




Day 327- Sunday, 11/22/20

This week in remodel land the new mirrors went up just under the new lighting, and I was able to do some shopping for things like rugs and towels to help make it feel more like a livable space and less of a construction zone.  Almost done!  In the mirror reflection you can see our beautiful new shower sitting there without any glass.  That's up next.


Ok--all done! I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and stays safe and healthy.



1 comment:

  1. Yay Justin is back home!! Enjoy your holiday together (:

    ReplyDelete