Tuesday, February 23, 2021

week 7

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  That polar vortex that swept across the country last week sure was something. I know my family in Texas had a hard time and are still dealing with the aftermath.  Thankfully all was quiet here in California, and the plants continue to bloom as if spring is upon us.  I'll take it and bask in the sunshine while I can. 

Now for last week's pictures:


Day 46- Monday 2/15/21

Since yesterday was Valentine's Day with John and I having an at home date night and today is the President's day holiday we decided to do our family Sunday dinner tonight.  We made pizza and a Valentine's dessert to share with the boys. 



Day 47- Tuesday, 2/16/21

Bella decided to join me for yoga today.  I think she finds it relaxing or maybe amusing.  LOL! I also got my new succulents planted in their now pots yesterday and got pictures of them taken today.  I still have 2 more pots so need a couple more plants.





Day 48- Wednesday, 2/17/21

Dawn, midday, and dusk--saw inspiring things to take pictures of throughout my whole day today.  That shadow pattern on the wall is not something I've seen before and it was windy out so it was also very animated which caused an even cooler effect.




Day 49- Thursday, 2/18/21

Rusty's my supervisor when I'm working remotely at home and is serious about keeping me on task.  He's looking right at me as I'm sitting at the desk trying to type up some freezer-log notes before my next Zoom meeting.  The Zoom meetings he's not a fan of and I totally get that.




Day 50- Friday, 2/19/21

After a nice sunny week we had some rain today.  Once the storm passed I spotted these big lingering raindrops on the plants out front, and I love how they catch the light.  Later John was ready to celebrate the start of the weekend and enjoyed playing some tunes to help him unwind from the work week.  He's been cleared to get the vaccine for his work but is having a hard time getting an appointment.  Maybe after the vaccine shipping delays from that polar vortex are sorted out more appointments will be available.




Day 51- Saturday, 2/20/21

Bella is now trained and conditioned to look forward to her daily teeth brushing because she knows treats will follow.  All I have to do is hold up the toothbrush and she'll assume the position while drooling like crazy--Pavlov's dog at it's best.  She's also great about getting ready for walks and enjoys having her family members rotate who gets to walk her next.  Tonight that will be Brandon. 





Day 52- Sunday, 2/21/21

Tyler's here for Sunday dinner and of course Bella is always excited when he visits especially since he spoils her.  At the table we enjoyed a nice tri-tip roast with shrimp, and for dessert I made apple turnovers.  Yum!


OK--all done!





4 comments:

  1. You had a busy week! Love your little succulents and the gorgeous light from the window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy food at your house this week! Those apple turnovers look amazing! love your Becky Higgins notebook in the pic of your computer too! Also loved your 3 pictures in the same day-very pretty! Hope your family in Texas gets taken care of and excited John can get the vaccine! Hopefully soon! Take care and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha- great that you recognize the BH notebook! Love the colors and pattern on this one so had to get it as soon as I saw it. John just got an appointment for his 1st vaccine to happen today and my parents just had their pipes fixed so they now have running water and are waiting to have water damaged drywall fixed. Thanks for thinking of them.

      Delete
    2. So good to hear!!!about John and your parents! Have a great week!

      Delete