Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Week 40

Hello and welcome back.  Last week was another nerve-racking week with Rusty, but I'm happy to report that he's sooo much better and pretty much back to himself.  We've experienced too many ups and downs with him making it hard to focus and get other things done, but we made it to the other side and can now just enjoy him again.

Here's a look at some of the other things that happened last week besides just catering to a sick kitty:


Day 277- Monday, 10/4/21
They said, "Get him a water fountain."  He said, "What do I do with that?"  He eventually decided it wasn't such a bad place to get a drink from.





Day 278- Tuesday, 10/5/21
For the love of pumpkin!  Hopefully next week I'll get around to making some bread, but these will do for now.






Day 279- Wednesday, 10/6/21
Over the weekend the fall decoration boxes were brought down, but the pumpkin box accidentally got left behind so I'm just now getting around to putting my pumpkin collection out.  Later, I almost forgot about the monthly Booster meeting at the end of my trying and rough cat-care day, but somehow managed to scarf down my dinner and log in on time.





Day 280- Thursday, 10/7/21
The past two days have not been good for me or the cat.  He's regressing again plus super stressed and angry about having to be caught and medicated 3 times a day.  He hates me right now and is in a lot of pain because he won't even let me look at him let alone approach him to give meds. I'm at my wits' end. Thankfully, I had a good call with a very understanding veterinarian who is great at thinking outside the box and found some alterative medications with cat loving flavors we can give in Rusty's food.  I picked some up this afternoon so we'll try it tonight.  Fingers crossed! If this doesn't work we're looking at a drastic surgery that I don't think he'll recover from. 😟






Day 281- Friday, 10/8/21
Cat update- he didn't come out of his blanket last night to eat until we went to bed, but by morning he had both medications down and I saw a glimmer of improvement in his behavior.  Hopefully once we get a couple more doses in we'll be back on track.  In other news, it is cold out, for us anyway, so Brandon is all cozy in his sweatshirt and blanket enjoying video games after finishing mid-terms this week. Also, John is a happy boy because the Giants are starting a series of games with the Dodgers in this playoff season.







Day 282- Saturday, 10/9/21
Yay!😀  The new cat meds are working beautifully.  Rusty eats them in his food with no problems, is using his box again, drinking well, no longer hates me so he's showing affection and even playing!  We haven't seen him play in over 2 weeks.  All great signs. 🐈 I feel like we finally have our cat back and can be hopeful about his future when just 2 days ago I was worried about him not having one.  It's amazing what the right meds can do. The key was an anti-inflammatory pain medicine with no-contact delivery that he only needs once a day.  What a rollercoaster we have been on that I'm happy to leave behind.  Other things that happened today--Brandon summited college applications to 5 Cal-State schools.  He'll apply to a couple UC's next weekend.  Later Bella and I went out on a nice long fall walk during the golden hour.  The dropping sun really lit up this neighborhood tree.  Those yellow looking leaves are actually still green but look golden from the sunrays shining through them--nature's twinkle lights. 🍂







Day 283- Sunday, 10/10/21
This nice fall morning we headed to the local pumpkin patch before it got too hot and crowded.  We each picked out a pumpkin to our liking that we'll decorate the house entry with until we can carve them for Halloween.  In the afternoon we headed out to catch the new Bond movie.  I was surprised to learn that none of the kids have seen a Bond movie before so some of the repeated themes were lost on them, but they liked how action packed it was.




That's all for now.  See you next week.




3 comments:

  1. Hope your cat is well on the mend! Those pumpkin donuts looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Rusty! Love your fall decor and now I want a donut. Sorry, rooting for the Dodgers over here (well and the Sox!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear Rusty is getting better! You have been through a lot! Love all your pumpkins and going to the patch! how fun! Love the pumpkin donuts. I made pumpkin bread this week and have been loving it! Hope you can make some next week!

    ReplyDelete