Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Week 33

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  Last week was eventful as you will see.  There is a lot going on here but hopefully after this current week things will slow down a bit at least at home--work won't slow down until end of Sept.  

Here's a look at last week's picture:


 Day 226- Monday, 8/14/23

 Brandon made us brownies to make sundaes with and we got his a hair cut for the start of school.


 


Day 227- Tuesday, 8/15/23

Current pictures from Justin.  He has a roommate that is an artist and she does such a great job sketching him.  Love how she got our cat in this most recent one. This picture of Rusty was taken by Justin just before he left and he finally shared it with me.  I think Rusty was looking a some birds flying around outside our entry way window.  Love how the light is shining down on him.

 



Day 228- Wednesday, 8/16/23

The dressers and mirror finally made it! Now we just need to reposition most of the pictures on our walls because the newer furniture sizing is different so the spacing is all off.  Also that first dresser came with a small chip on the bottom front trim noticeable in the picture, but they sent a repair guy that has now fixed it with a resin and staining to match that worked perfectly.

 




Day 229- Thursday, 8/17/23

 I'm going to miss that sweet boy once he leaves tomorrow.  He was a great help to us this summer and for sure kept our lives more interesting.  Later after dinner John made the two of us belinni drinks with the fresh peaches from our neighbors--so yummy and a great way to use the fruit.

 





Day 230- Friday, 8/18/23

Time to get this kid settled in back at school.  That trip really ended up taking 7.5 hrs due to LA traffic.  Ugh! He's happy with his own room in an apartment right off campus but not so happy with the condition the kitchen was left in.  We're working on resolutions for that and got creative about how he could deal in the meantime. Thankfully the shared bathroom was in good shape.

 



Day 231- Saturday, 8/19/23

We had a nice brunch at this place with Brandon's girlfriend's family who have truly taken him under their wing and I'm so grateful for that.  Unfortunately I forgot to get pictures of all of us before I hit the road to drive back home.  It took me 2 hrs just to get out of LA--so many accidents down there clogging up all the freeways, but once I got out and actually made some good progress I stopped to grabbed a refreshing treat to help me push through the rest of the way home..  I'm beat though after those 2 really long days.





 Day 232- Sunday, 8/20/23

 Back at home I checked in on my yard and noticed our friendly garden spider was feasting on a bee.  I was also keeping my eye on the news.  As if a hurricane/tropical storm (1st one hitting Calif in over 80 years) wasn't enough an earthquake was also thrown in the mix all happening right where left my boy. Yikes! Classes for their 1st day cancelled.

 

What a week!  Now off to a small but much needed vacation.




2 comments:

  1. Good luck to Brandon! Hope everyone in S. CA is ok!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had a lot of time in the car! Hope Brandon has a wonderful year! I don't envy your traffic! Glad you traveled safely! So CA has had a lot to deal with lately!

    ReplyDelete