Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Week 41

Hello and welcome back!  Finally a cool down has started and is expected to last through the next week at least.  Everyone's energy level and mood has change for the better and it now really seems like fall has hit.  Let's hope it lasts.  I'm ready for sweater weather.

Until then here are last week's pictures:




Day 281- Monday, 10/7/24
I change upstairs just before leaving for work in mornings and Bailey patiently waits for me at the bottom of the stairs so we can say our goodbyes.  Mondays with her separation anxiety are the hardest after having me home all day over the weekend but she's getting better as she gets older and now knows I will eventually come back.  Today at work I'm starting the week off with some microbiology.  These plates to be tested were dropped off late Friday so I need to get them set up first thing this morning.  Back at home when there is nothing else to watch on TV we've been working our way through the many seasons of this show now streaming on max--talk about a stressful messed up industry.






 Day 282- Tuesday, 10/8/24

It's still super hot out and these pets are dealing with the heat by laying on their backs to expose their bellies which helps cool them down.  Good news--starting tomorrow the heat wave breaks and a cooling trend starts with temps in the mid 70s to low 80s lasting through next week. That sounds so refreshing and I know the pets will rejoice as well.




Day 283- Wednesday, 10/9/24

Yay for lower temps! More and more leaves are turning pretty colors too.  Lot's of yellow out there but I haven't seen much red yet--maybe next week.  This fall feel also put me in the mood to buy pumpkins for our front entry.






 Day 284- Thursday, 10/10/24
 Time for a cut and color with fall vibes.  I had a couple inches taken off because the tangles with longer hair were driving me crazy.  My stylist also turned me on to a better shampoo brand that will help and I can get it on amazon which is more convenient and cheaper.  Later we finished a show we recorded from Wednesday.  This one is new and comes on after survivor.  It's so intense and cutthroat even just after 2 episodes.  It's good but I hope it didn't replace Amazing Race
 
 



 Day 285- Friday, 10/11/24

I took vacation day today because I'm maxed out on vacation accrual and need to burn a few days here and there.  Rusty was happy to have some extra time with me.  The cooler weather has him wanting to be a lap cat again--stark difference from the beginning of the week.  We totally match the fall colors happening just outside in our entry.  On a different note our Friday night scary movie this week was a throwback 80's classic that John has never seen.  It was a fun one for me to revisit.




 Day 286- Saturday, 10/12/24

Bailey gets a new rawhide bone Saturday mornings to last her through the next week and she looks forward to this first thing even before the sun comes up.  It won't last all week but at least for a good part of it.  Later we headed to San Francisco to picnic on Treasure Island just off the Bay Bridge with friends and watch the Fleet Week air show. Sadly the Blue Angles show got canceled last minute due to cloudy skies and fog affecting viability. Huge bummer but we still had a good time. Tyler, Lupe and Justin came with us this year and it would have been their first air show so I was more sad for them than anything.  There's always next year, right?!



 
 
 
Day 287- Sunday, 10/13/24

Today was a perfect day to bake some pumpkin bread and walk Bailey while it was in the oven.   I'm planning to send a couple mini loaves to Brandon in a fall care package going out tomorrow.  He's been missing home so the timing is perfect.


All done!  Hope everyone else had a great fall week.



No comments:

Post a Comment