Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Week 21

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  It's super hot here right now expecting triple digits most of this week so it for sure feels like summer. Thank goodness we have the pool open and ready to go.  Stores, restaurants and small businesses are starting to reopen again too but we're going to wait and see how things pan out before really putting ourselves out there.  Maybe in a couple week's once the new hysteria wears off and the crowds die down.  

Until then here are last week's pictures:


Day 139- Monday, 5/18/20
We started the week off with rain.  It was thunderstorms so hit and miss, on and off, but still rain and chilly out as well.






Day 140- Tuesday, 5/19/20
When I went into work I had these things waiting for me from my boss.  She drops off eggs from her chickens since she gets way too many for her household and the university finally gave her my 25 year service pin plus a $250 Visa card to give me.  My anniversary was in February so I was thinking they might have forgot but I'm sure with all that has been going on it just was a bit delayed. Regardless I'll take it!





Day 141- Wednesday, 5/20/20
The sun is shinning bright today and lit up this huge heart-shaped leaf on a tree in our backyard.  It's been too cold and windy to go out much lately so the change in weather inspired me to get out there and soak up the nature around me.






Day 142- Thursday, 5/21/20
I was working from home today and on the computer most of the time so when I finally got a chance to step away and relax elsewhere Rusty found me and needed some cuddle time.  He can be a bit clingy when he feels like he's been ignored all day so we watched a couple shows together and then I had to boot him to get dinner going.  






Day 143- Friday, 5/22/20
Back in the lab I don't usually wear a mask unless I'm running to another building because I'm mostly working alone but now the university is starting to ramp up more research so there are more people around and they are requiring us to wear masks and sign in and sign out.  It's a kid of pain but necessary for for contact tracking purposes if it comes to that.  Today was a long day too so I was happy when it was done and could head home to enjoy my family and a movie.  Cheers to the start of a 3-day weekend!  In honor of Justin being back we watched a DC movie he's been wanting to see.






Day 144- Saturday, 5/23/20
Score!  I was helping Justin sort through is college stuff to reorganize for next year and found some yeast among his things.  I have looked high and low for yeast since this whole pandemic started and still to this day cannot find it anywhere so this is a happy find and we'll put it to good use soon.  We also worked hard to get the pool cleaned up and ready to open for the summer.  Not a bad way to spend the afternoon especially since our weather has drastically changed for the week into hot, hot, hot.






Day 145- Sunday, 5/24/20
Today was hot enough for shorts especially when walking the dog.  We tried to wait until it cooled down a bit but it never really did so we made it a short walk seeking out shade as much as possible. After that we enjoyed a great BBQ rib dinner and made S'mores by the pool for dessert.



Wait!  One more-

May's Family Photo



Look!--we have Justin back (in true form) this month and it's looking like we will have a full house next month. Fun family times enjoying the fire pit and s'mores after dark.



Ok that's it!  See you next week as we wrap up May and start June!



2 comments:

  1. Family and smores are the best! Congrats on your 25 years, even if it is late! I have heard yeast has been hard to find. Luckily I stocked up at Costco in the city before all the crazy started and I have a huge bag. Glad you found some. I am so not ready for hot weather! I love spring and hope our temps will stay more moderate! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay cool in the heat!! Amazing how baking is so in now!

    ReplyDelete